[ATV 2] Continuous rebooting after no changes
I have had xbmc installed on my ATV after finally deciding to get rid of my xbox from back in the XBMP days. It has been working fine and I have set up all of my folders and iPlayer as before, however when turning it on this evening I just get continuous reboot loops. It shows the apple logo and then restarts a few seconds later. I can log in with SSH/FTP so have attached the required logs below.

xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/5EyJAVs1
Syslog (only the last few lines as it has grown to 60mb since this problem) http://pastebin.com/KqEbnyTN
AppleTV.pList http://pastebin.com/fHiQMcn2

Have no idea what is going on and I cant think of anything that has changed. Im also pretty sure I disabled the auto-updates correctly via SSH and nitoTV.

Really appreciate any thoughts! Thanks
no clue ... but it tates that space is full ... ssh in and check with "df -h"
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Wow, thanks for such a quick reply. I clearly forgot to subscribe to the post so only just noticed it!

Seems to have space available.... though the log files are growing fast due to the crash/restart every 20seconds. Is something corrupt somewhere maybe?

Apple-TV:~ root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 750M 440M 304M 60% /
devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.7G 296M 6.4G 5% /private/var
<above>:/private/var/null/Applications
7.4G 1.1G 6.4G 14% /Applications
<above>:/private/var/null/Library
7.4G 1.1G 6.4G 14% /Library
<above>:/private/var/null/System
7.4G 1.1G 6.4G 14% /System
<above>:/private/var/null/usr
7.4G 1.1G 6.4G 14% /usr
<above>:/private/var/null/private/etc
7.4G 1.1G 6.4G 14% /private/etc
Oct 3 22:23:19 Apple-TV AppleTV[114]: fixFourPointThree
Oct 3 22:23:19 Apple-TV AppleTV[114]: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException',

I'd re-jb it.
That was what I decided late last night as I had spent ages researching the problem and got nowhere. Now using the same (most recent) version of iOS and also the latest nightly XBMC just in case it was an XBMC crash which caused the problem. Have definitely disabled updates using both NitoTV and editing the hosts file so hopefully here to stay, though I dont know what Ive done differently to before.

My bro thought it had crashed the first time when holding the menu button in the XBMC home screen. He had to reset the power to get it back to life and after this it stopped working.
Holding the menu button in the homescreen is the same like hitting the powerbutton - it ends XBMC (and in this process the AppleTV process restarts - end dependend on your hardware it might take 30 secs or so until the frontrow app is visible again on your tv).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
True, I wonder if he was not patient enough, or if it just crashed at some point and corrupted a file somewhere. It certainly wasnt turning on when I wrote my first message and just continually rebooted (after flashing the Apple logo for a few seconds). Even SSH and FTP would kick me out when the thing rebooted, hence why it was quite a challenge to actually get the debug logs off the ATV.

Thanks again for your responses everybody, I hope it doesnt happen to anybody else!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV 2] Continuous rebooting after no changes0