Mac OS NFS client, works for TV directory, not for Movies?
So, having an odd problem, after getting a nightly build I was able to add NFS sources. However, I'm not seeing any files in my movies directory, though my tv show directory is being scanned fine.

On the NFS server side, I'm running:
Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86, ZFS filesystem v4, zspools are v15. I've double-checked my ZFS options on each share, and they are all exactly the same.

On the Mac client side: Lion (10.7.1), XBMC xbmc-20111003-31113d1-master-i386.dmg (updated this morning to try to resolve this oddity).

Relevant part of debug log here: http://pastebin.com/YiuAYnTe

Weird thing is, if I add the exact same movie directory using AFP, it scans fine. There are probably 8-10 movies at the top level (avi & mkv), and then many sub-directories. Even the movies in the top level directory are not picked up when I use NFS as the source.

I'm fine with using AFP, just thought this was odd behavior and should report it. I can post a full debug after removing my AFP share since it would be a pain to sanitize that. I can also do a dtruss trace and post that after removing the AFP stuff as well.

=V=
Is it only the scan which fails? or do you see nothing in file browser too? No real error in your log though ... it just skipped the folder because it "thinks" there is nothing new in there ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Is it only the scan which fails? or do you see nothing in file browser too? No real error in your log though ... it just skipped the folder because it "thinks" there is nothing new in there ...
Nothing is visible using the file browser, either. It only shows ".." Very bizarre behavior, given that my TV source is working.

=V=
Not much that i can tell you here (not familiar with solaris). Double/Triple/Quadruple check your folders permissions including subfolders and owners. And check if the exports are equal to the byte (beside the shared folder name).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
File permissions bad?
I don't believe it's a file permissions issue. Due to also sharing this via NFS to a Windows XP box (long story), the directory permissions are 777 and the files all 666.

Does XBMC implement NFS using NFSv3 or NFSv4?

I should update to the latest nightly and nuke my config & db and see if it's still an issue.

=V=

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac OS NFS client, works for TV directory, not for Movies?0