No new ppa release?
Did a update from the ppa today.
Getting the same uxlaunch error as in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98870
Also noticed that it's trying to run as user hts.
I'm running a live install.
Not an expert at git so just consider to remove the uxlaunch for the next compile.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=916736&postcount=7
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@Dushmaniac - is that "drop support for Lucid with immediate effect" (i.e. assume that any future PPA updates will break your system)?

I wouldn't blame you if you did since you're creating work for yourself otherwise - but if us 10.04 diehards need to change Ubuntu distro, at least I'd like some warning so I can think about how to do it...!

Cheers...
as I said, I'll post details when I worked them out, but I'll leave the previously working build for xbmc-live on lucid around if/when I decide to drop support for that ubuntu version.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

xbmc-live should work properly on lucid again. if not, let me know.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I don't know if this is the right place to report such bug, but the xbmc-live package in pulse-eight.net PPA for XBMC PVR continues to alter my /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch file. I've customized such file in order to launch xbmc process with a different user that the standard xbmc. The postinstall script continues to alter such file:

sed -i '/^user=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
sed -i '/^tty=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
sed -i '/^session=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch

echo 'user=xbmc' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
echo 'tty=8' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
echo 'session=/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
what dist are you running? lucid + maverick (build53) are no longer using uxlaunch.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

My Lucid/Live system is running uxlaunch - it came down with this week's Pulse-eight update. Works fine once you hack the config file to start xbmc as above.

I must confess that I'm leaning towards a new OS build pretty soon, despite being LTS, Lucid is looking increasingly like a liability...
you could remove uxlaunch again if you like. should be working again too then.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:what dist are you running? lucid + maverick (build53) are no longer using uxlaunch.

I'm using the pulse-eight PPA on a minimal-customized natty on an Asock ION 330HT. It is all home-made but the xbmc-live package of such PPA continues to use uxlaunch.
Any Oneiric release on the pulse-eight PPA soon?
I realy miss the PVR version of XBMC.
Love your work with the PVR versions of XBMC dushmaniac!
Just tried the stable53 update on lucid and it didn't work. Not sure if it was just me. Gone back now to stable50 and had to restore my database from a backup.

It looks like it created a new database in MySQL but when I got it running my TVShows and Movies had all disappeared. I mean then menu's were all blank
XBMC-PVR Frontend : Zotac ION running Ubuntu Lucid
BACK END: TVHeadend with linux4media Cine S2 card & 3x1 TB WD Caviar Green HD

kdevane Wrote:Just tried the stable53 update on lucid and it didn't work. Not sure if it was just me. Gone back now to stable50 and had to restore my database from a backup.

It looks like it created a new database in MySQL but when I got it running my TVShows and Movies had all disappeared. I mean then menu's were all blank

Now it tries to create another database (MyMovies56) and it will create new databases for each new version. Allows the mysql user to create new databases otherwire the migrations didn't work. You can also remove the database name from the advanced config file.

I was not able to migrate the old mysql database to the new one, but I've recreated it.
Thanks for the information, I've decided to give the upgrade another go.

Looks like not all the tables are created
Code:
15:37:32 T:3017542000   DEBUG: Connecting to mysql:10.0.13.7:MyVideos56
15:37:32 T:3017542000   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview
15:37:32 T:3017542000   ERROR: GetTvShowsByWhere failed

So I imported my backup data to the new database and all appears to be working now.
XBMC-PVR Frontend : Zotac ION running Ubuntu Lucid
BACK END: TVHeadend with linux4media Cine S2 card & 3x1 TB WD Caviar Green HD

ankn Wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to report such bug, but the xbmc-live package in pulse-eight.net PPA for XBMC PVR continues to alter my /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch file. I've customized such file in order to launch xbmc process with a different user that the standard xbmc. The postinstall script continues to alter such file:

sed -i '/^user=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
sed -i '/^tty=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
sed -i '/^session=*/ s/^/#/' /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch

echo 'user=xbmc' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
echo 'tty=8' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch
echo 'session=/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone' >> /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch

Another upgrade of the xbmc-live, another mess. It continues to change my /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch file. How to stop it?! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No new ppa release?0