No new ppa release?
nilzen Wrote:For those who missed it, theres a new build out now...

Where ?
The latest build means that the xserver doesnt start and I can only log in via shell.

How to I revert or when will this be fixed.

I am running a Acer Revo.

Thanks.
I had to add the following to /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch to get it working

Code:
tty=2
session=/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
XBMC-PVR Frontend : Zotac ION running Ubuntu Lucid
BACK END: TVHeadend with linux4media Cine S2 card & 3x1 TB WD Caviar Green HD

perfect that works - spoke too soon the sound doesn't work now!!

kdevane Wrote:I had to add the following to /etc/uxlaunch/uxlaunch to get it working

Code:
tty=2
session=/usr/bin/xbmc
After install, only my System Drive is mounted .....
Where exactly is the new ppa build??
Look here: http://packages.pulse-eight.net/UbuntuInstall
Installing script add repository to system and you will have always newest package.
Oh i see, things have changed. Thanks for that
Updated to newest ppa version, why is xbmc running as user hts?
And how do i change it back to my standard user?
Also sound is not working.
Oh, this one really is a mixed bag, isn't it?

Yesterday's update broke uxlaunch (fixed as above), but I still had sound. And everything was running as xbmc, not hts (so sorry, I can't help with anyone's else's problems!).

Today, I picked up a new version which now won't start at all, simply complaining about a lack of an OpenGL graphics driver (which was there last time I looked).

I think we need to exercise caution for the moment, looks like these builds - although they're hitting the PPA - are definitely "works in progress". (So I now have problems of my own... time to work out how to repair my system, I think...!)

Edit: xbmc-live on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid on Revo 3600, if it helps anyone else
Prof Yaffle Wrote:Oh, this one really is a mixed bag, isn't it?

Yesterday's update broke uxlaunch (fixed as above), but I still had sound. And everything was running as xbmc, not hts (so sorry, I can't help with anyone's else's problems!).

Today, I picked up a new version which now won't start at all, simply complaining about a lack of an OpenGL graphics driver (which was there last time I looked).

I think we need to exercise caution for the moment, looks like these builds - although they're hitting the PPA - are definitely "works in progress". (So I now have problems of my own... time to work out how to repair my system, I think...!)

Edit: xbmc-live on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid on Revo 3600, if it helps anyone else

Raise a ticket on github about it
Gladly, if I can find out how... I've raised tickets on trac before, but not on github (and would that even apply to the pulse-eight code?).

If someone can point me to an idiot's guide then I'll get onto it, I can't find anything on this forum at all.
Github tickets are called "Issues".
To post a new PVR related issue, you will need to create a github account and go to
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues
to check the PVR issue list and eventually post a new issue if your problem is not yet in the list.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Will do, thanks. I *suspect* it's something to do with uxlaunch on Lucid (i.e. "it's not necessarily supposed to be there") but I'm not sure yet. Whatever it is, it doesn't do your system any good, though, that's for sure!
Okay, false alarm, I think. No github issues needed.

I tried downgrading to yesterday's builds, but had the same problem:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc-live=2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20111016.b05c36d-0ubuntu1~stable50~lucid xbmc=2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20111016.b05c36d-0ubuntu1~stable50~lucid xbmc-bin=2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20111016.b05c36d-0ubuntu1~stable50~lucid

So I tried various variations of startx, xinit, sudo start xbmc-live... and either got nothing or got different errors to do with the graphics driver. Suspicious.

So I had a good peer at /var/log/dpkg.log and saw other updates from today to do with the X system. Suspicious++.

The X updates were to do with xserver-common and xserver-xorg-core, so I downgraded those as well:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xserver-common=2:1.7.6-2ubuntu7 xserver-xorg-core=2:1.7.6-2ubuntu7

... but still no joy. So I thought I'd believe the error message, concluding that the X update may have got its knickers in a twist with my graphics drivers. Time to install new ones:

Code:
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/285.05.09/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-285.05.09.run
chmod 755 NVIDIA-Linux-x86-285.05.09.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-285.05.09.run

Despite the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth that any Nvidia installation seems to cause, installation completed and I rebooted... and all was well once more.

Morale of the story: sometimes, error messages are genuinely helpful... sorry, Dushmaniac!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No new ppa release?0