[AppleTV2] Color Balance Problem
I've just set up two Apple TVs (running recent nightlies) and they're both working really well.

The only real issue has been with the color balance, and seemingly only with one particular show.

Most of you would be familiar with the simpsons. Played through an ATV2, the simpsons' skin colour look a much more brighter (almost fluoro) and paler yellow. Is this normal, and/or a known issue? I've played the same sources on the computer, a media player, and even an old xbox (running xbmc), and they all show the correct skin tone.

Thanks.
In the ATV2's native settings menu there are some options under "audio & video" and"HDMI" that might help you with color options. That's just a stab in the dark, though.
Thanks Ned. I'm 99.9% sure it's an xbmc issue. I'm happy to wait for a fix, i just wanted to confirm that it's a known issue. (I had already tried that hdmi option you had suggested.)

It occurred to me that the apple trailers and youtube videos looked fine in the native atv2 shell. So anyway, I compared the viewing of an flv, and an avi/mp4 converted from said flv. They all looked the same on the computer, but on the atv2 only the flv looked correct. The other two files looked washed out, as described previously.

Hence my conclusion that it's an xbmc issue. I'm assuming that xbmc uses a different player module/code for flv? Am I the only one with this issue??
anything not handled by the hw decoder goes through a yuv420 to rgba convert and some have suggested that it's using the wrong color space. This routine is asm/neon. It has been discussed before.
Thanks for your input, davilla. I must've missed the critical keywords in my forum search.

Two more votes for the color space issue then, if i may. The pale color is generally most noticeable in cartoons, like futurama. I'm happy enough to know that it'll be fixed eventually - even if needs to be an option somewhere.

They're both PAL systems, if that could be a contributing factor.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Color Balance Problem0