Changed TV and now sound doesn't work
Hi,

Updated TV from Samsung 55" to Panasonic 65" and I have a strange issue with AC3 or DTS tracks on shows or movies.

ASRock 330 -> Yamaha amp (HDMI) -> TV (HDMI)

Now I get what I guess is the surround channels played as the main channels, i.e. no speech unless I change XBMC from HDMI to optical/coax on the system audio page and turn off AC# and DTS options. My current setup has worked for nearly 2 years and the only thing that changed today was the tele.

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks!
What happens when you switch back to the old TV? That might tell you if you have a coincidence or not. Also perhaps something in the display settings needs to be adjusted for the new 'monitor.' If new HW was auto detected and drivers were installed automatically...
Check stuff like that to try and narrow it down.
Also what are your sound settings on the sound driver/setup side. Do your sound settings on your new TV match what they were on the old TV? Maybe the new TV sound settings are confusing the AVR somehow?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Are you playing on the TV speakers or the amp-attached ones?
outatouch0 Wrote:What happens when you switch back to the old TV? That might tell you if you have a coincidence or not.
Works exactly as before. All sound through speakers attached to amp, sound on tele down to 0.

outatouch0 Wrote:Also perhaps something in the display settings needs to be adjusted for the new 'monitor.' If new HW was auto detected and drivers were installed automatically...

That's what's confusing me at the moment. The picture is simply jaw dropping but all audio should be being pushed through the amp as normal as it's the primary source and why would the new tele affect the amp?

Maybe I need to see if I can turn the HDMI out into video only, i.e. no sound, for this TV?
clackerdacker Wrote:That's what's confusing me at the moment. The picture is simply jaw dropping but all audio should be being pushed through the amp as normal as it's the primary source and why would the new tele affect the amp?
I have 3 ideas you might try.
Try some settings in your new TV too. Set the sound to none rather than just turning the volume down. ie let the tv know the amp is doing the sound so it should not be seeking audio. I am not sure what this setting will be specifically called but it will be there.
Either that or it is a setting in your AMP based on the handshake with the AMP and TV?
As for the htpc...All I can think of is if you are running HDMI out from your video card. Your video card is sending the audio and video signal out... Your 'monitor' usually gets detected by the PC - via the HDMI cable to the GPU card...There is a connection there so maybe it is be related to all of this some weird way. So check your video card driver/software settings. Make sure the htpc has the correct display (your new one) listed.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Check this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111686
not the instructions on a debug log too
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changed TV and now sound doesn't work0