XBMC for HP Touchpad?
Rainbow 
I know this has probably been mentioned before, but is there any way an app for XBMC (not a remote, but a full version of XBMC) could be developed for the HP Touchpad? I dare say that even a self-professed cheapskate like myself would pay for one.
Probably not for a while. You'd first have to port XBMC to either WebOS or Android, which is approximately one mountain of work away.
I would like to know from high level point that what needs to be doen to port xbmc to HP Touchpad.

Both iPad 2 and HP touchpad run on ARM cpu, both have SDK, which I assumed that it will utilizes the standard device graphic drivers and audio drivers. Would anyone guide me that what is the key to port XBMC to HP Touchpad?

Forgive my ignorance. I don't expect HP touchpad will be officially supported. I just like to get some idea how difficult to port it to HP touchpad so the touchpad can be more useful to myself and those who have one.

Norman
nzhong168 Wrote:I would like to know from high level point that what needs to be doen to port xbmc to HP Touchpad.

Both iPad 2 and HP touchpad run on ARM cpu, both have SDK, which I assumed that it will utilizes the standard device graphic drivers and audio drivers. Would anyone guide me that what is the key to port XBMC to HP Touchpad?

Forgive my ignorance. I don't expect HP touchpad will be officially supported. I just like to get some idea how difficult to port it to HP touchpad so the touchpad can be more useful to myself and those who have one.

Norman

Start by porting about 45 lib depends before you even get to see what xbmc mainline code needs. see tools/darwin/depends to get an idea of what this means.
And really aside from lots of people got them real cheap why bother putting in all the effort for a platform that's basically dead it would be like continuing xbox dev
A port for android would benefit a lot more devices including The HP touchpad since cynogenmod just released an android alpha.
I thanks cynogenmod for its effort to be able to dual boot my HP touchpads. I have a iPad and love t, but I also have two of Touchpads and I would like to make them more useful. They meet my minimal usage, eBook and basic apps.

I agreed that porting XBMC to Android makes more senses in this cases as long as HP touchpad can be dual boot.

WebOS is not too bad. It has great idea and good navigation just very poor execution. Unless a big company like Amazon or Samsung buys it and improves it. Yes it will be dead.

I hope at least pieces of the WebOS like navigation can be licensed to other platform like iOS and Android.
Well was just late to get on here.. But since webos is now open source (supposed to be) can't we get working on it? I read comments tht it is a dead platform n stuff, but aftr making it open source , why can't we atleast give it a shot.
danny3532 Wrote:Well was just late to get on here.. But since webos is now open source (supposed to be) can't we get working on it? I read comments tht it is a dead platform n stuff, but aftr making it open source , why can't we atleast give it a shot.

Have at it, there's no one stopping you from starting an xbmc to webos port.
What hardware is there that I can buy new that webos runs on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for HP Touchpad?0