Mini ITX AMD A4 3400 Build
voip-ninja Wrote:Yup, same way. I have no idea why they designed it that way, but it is definitely intentional.

you going to reverse it? I found it was easy to do, don't even need to dismantle the cooler from the board, just unspring the retention brackets to the fan and put it in upside down.
evanesce Wrote:you going to reverse it? I found it was easy to do, don't even need to dismantle the cooler from the board, just unspring the retention brackets to the fan and put it in upside down.

I'm not sure. I'm actually a bit bummed after reading the review of the A8 that showed up on Missing Remote yesterday, as it points to some issues with the platform that I'm not sure I can live with.

I will probably put it together and see what I think of it, but if I experience video quality issues, or BSODs then I am going to eat the restocking fees and switch it out for Intel I3 with an Nvidia GPU.
I reversed it, and now it sounds like the fan is hitting inside the heatsink somewhere and vibrating a lot. not good, not good at all Sad

Now i have to get it all apart and figure out whats going on.
dont reverse it,,,

you shouldnt worry at all here,,,

that SCYTHE cooler has a fan blowing the hot air upwards,,,

its all good!

using a side 120mm fan, the so called 'hot air'

between the PSU and your SCYTHE COOLER will be pushed away!
voip-ninja Wrote:I'm not sure. I'm actually a bit bummed after reading the review of the A8 that showed up on Missing Remote yesterday, as it points to some issues with the platform that I'm not sure I can live with.

which were?
eskro Wrote:dont reverse it,,,

you shouldnt worry at all here,,,

that SCYTHE cooler has a fan blowing the hot air upwards,,,

its all good!

using a side 120mm fan, the so called 'hot air'

between the PSU and your SCYTHE COOLER will be pushed away!

So I need to put it back to original? Somethings' gotta be done for sure it's quite loud this way.

eskro: where do I mount that 120mm fan you recommended? I don't see anywhere it's supposed to go.

Also, what is this a picture of?

It's definitely not the APEX MI-100.. heh
evanesce Wrote:eskro: where do I mount that 120mm fan you recommended? I don't see anywhere it's supposed to go.

evanesce Wrote:Also, what is this a picture of?

It's definitely not the APEX MI-100.. heh

yes, thats the MI-008 but there are all the same box to me
eskro Wrote:Image

yes, thats the MI-008 but there are all the same box to me

So the 120mm fan is for the MI-008 or the MI-100 ? Tongue Both? Thanks for the quick reply and the illustration Smile
evanesce Wrote:So the 120mm fan is for the MI-008 or the MI-100 ? Tongue Both? Thanks for the quick reply and the illustration Smile

Just a warning. The way it is pictured, it is put in where the 3.5 HDD would optionally go. There are a couple of drive rail points in the case there and I found that it is far too snug to fit as shown in the picture, at least without modifying the case.

I will be putting mine on the opposite side, up near the front of the case, it fits there pretty naturally and if you tape off some of the vents should still supply pretty good airflow for the components.
How as the fan mounted or is just sitting there?
sitting there, ask user named bluray, he done it!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=815...stcount=20
He's using the 008
they are the same box, same size lol

check this thread here
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033...ostcount=8
about MI-100, same thing
thought so. Im going to test my e-350 build without a fan and see the temps and then add the fan after.
eskro Wrote:they are the same box, same size lol

check this thread here
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033...ostcount=8
about MI-100, same thing

I love how the dude in that thread is shoving hard drives anywhere he can put 'em lol.. I had to drill holes in the 3.5 bay to mount my hard drive upside down, because the aftermarket cooler was in the way of the power and SATA cables.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini ITX AMD A4 3400 Build0