Creating themes for skins
Hello,

I'm new to this place. Been reading around for a while and I thought I might as well register and become an active member.

I need some help with something and I would really appreciate it if you took the time to read and respond. You see love working with Photoshop, it's one of my hobbies. That's why I'm feeling the need to create a custom theme of the skin I'm using at the moment (Aeon Nox). So I downloaded the textures I wanted to modify from the SVN and started editing them.

From my understanding the next step would be to compress all these textures into a xbt file and put it in the media folder. So I downloaded the texturepacker only to see that it's an .exe file which doesn't quite work on a Mac (which is my main platform). So my questions are:

1. Is there a texturepacker that will work on a mac?

2. If no, is there a way around it? What options do I have?

Thanks in advanced!

/ E.
2. They don't need to be in a texture.xbt to work.
I don't know about Mac, but since it's nix based it should be the same as on Linux:

download git source of xbmc and compile it. After compile there should be a file called TexturePacker in the Tools directory TexturePacker. Copy that to the root of skin.aeon.nox folder.
Place your modified theme files in a folder called "themes" inside skin.aeon.nox in a subfolder with the name of your theme and run the following command to generate a xbt file in the media folder which you can choose as a theme.
Code:
./TexturePacker -dupecheck -input themes/name_of_theme/ -output media/name_of_theme.xbt

Also, don't forget to post screens of the result Big Grin
Hitcher Wrote:2. They don't need to be in a texture.xbt to work.

Really? Could you tell me a little more? I tried creating a themes folder inside the media folder and then I added another folder inside the themes folder with my modified texture files but that folder wasn't selectable from the XBMC menu. I also tried putting the textures in the media folder together with the texture.xbt. I was hoping that xbmc would pick up my textures first before moving on to the xbt file but that didn't work either

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't know about Mac, but since it's nix based it should be the same as on Linux:

download git source of xbmc and compile it. After compile there should be a file called TexturePacker in the Tools directory TexturePacker. Copy that to the root of skin.aeon.nox folder.
Place your modified theme files in a folder called "themes" inside skin.aeon.nox in a subfolder with the name of your theme and run the following command to generate a xbt file in the media folder which you can choose as a theme.
Code:
./TexturePacker -dupecheck -input themes/name_of_theme/ -output media/name_of_theme.xbt

Also, don't forget to post screens of the result Big Grin

Thanks for your help. I've already tried that but I couldn't get it to work. I'm not good with these kind of stuff.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89754

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating themes for skins0