Steam for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
themacman Offline
Im not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there a way to open steam games directly from XBMC?
find quote
westcoastbias Offline
Are you talking about sports games? If so, try sportsdevil or espn3. Discussion of those plugins can be found in the plugins subforum.
find quote
mad-max Offline
Posting Freak
westcoastbias Wrote:Are you talking about sports games? If so, try sportsdevil or espn3. Discussion of those plugins can be found in the plugins subforum.

I think he is not talking about st®eam but more about steam, like the game interface for let's say counter-strike, CoD or whatever...

Back to the question:
It should be possible to run it from advanced launcher or whatever or you can make a button in the main-menu that makes an "XBMC.Execute(steam://rungameid/240)" or something like this...for the appropriate ID's for the games just create a desktop-shortcut and open it's properties...

BTW: 240 ist CounterStrike-Soruce ;-)

And finally: No, this should be in XBMC general help and support...a mod may move it there...

cheers,
mm

[Image: obi3o55x.jpg]
[Image: 7c8w3bu8.png]

- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -

If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
find quote
Angelscry Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Here is a tutorial to use Steam platform with Advanced Launcher plugin : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post848837

Advanced Launcher | Manual | WiKi | Forums | Tutorials | Gallery | GitHub | Archives | Donate

find quote