New script - Train-timetable (UK only)
my first script is now complete. yay!

what it does:
fetches live train arrival/departure timetable for a given uk station.

script can be customised to have your own fav. station codes assigned to buttons or use a search (which is also saved for reuse).

available at xbmcscripts.com and pythonscripts.dnsalias.com

as i say, it is my first scripts so any feedback more than welcome.

bbb.
ok, so this isn't yet another sexy video streamer, but spurred on by the zero comments/feedback .... i decided to enhance it (lol)

v1.1 xbmcscripts.com

new: auto refresh every 2 mins
new: realtime clock
new: scales according to pal/ntsc display.
fix: station search was broken as site changed.

keeps me out of trouble Wink
well, i've only just spotted this script so can't give much feedback. except to say that it sounds pretty damned cool and pretty damned useful, and i'll try it when i get home tonight Smile
just seen it as well - will give it a shot tonight and give you feedback. sounds like a useful util!
just had a quick look, and it worked perfectly. easy to read, no clutter, very nice. no significant feedback, other than thanks, that's proper useful, that is Smile

it's a bit of a pain figuring out the station codes - i ended up going to the live internet departure boards on my pc and guessing the 3 letter codes till i got the right stations. but then it's not exactly brain surgery, either Wink
hi,

use the search (joypad x btn) to enter not just station codes but any word. if there are too many matches it will display a further sub-list to choose from.

once a search is complete, the staion code is added to a 'last search' btn at bottom right of screen (indicated as its surrounded by brackets), its also saved to a file so will be available when you next start the script.

so, using the search is a way of finding station codes without having to use your pc.

it was a good python learning script for me, glad someone actually finds it usefull apart from me and the lad i wrote it for.
the problem, i feel, is the name. it's not sassy enough. i saw the post called trains and thought "oh" rather than "wow"!

it's not just a timetable lookup, it's a live, up to the minute interactive departure board.

why not call it sony psp emulator.. you're sure to get more downloads... lol!

:joker:

still, it's a great app, i use it everyday.
this is quite easily the best idea i have ever heard for a script, i'm off to try it this very instant.
i'm detecting a slight hint of a sacastic tone creeping in here lads. but hey, made me laugh!

my next version, will attempt to make the trains run ontime...
actualy i wasnt even being sarcastic, i use the trains a lot and you have no idea how useful this is to me, really, sterling stuff.
excellent, wasn't trying to be rude, just poking fun at myself.

glad you like it.
trains updated to v1.2 available at xbmcscripts

changelog:
new: pmiii layout
fix. it had stopped working, caused by web site url/html changes.

bbb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New script - Train-timetable (UK only)0