[REQUEST] Playlists in sub menus
Just upgraded to new pre eden build and the skin is looking awesome, having used alaska since it was released I used this as I was doing a clean build on a test system and it serves its purpose perfectly of being really easy to navigate with access to all the key info whilst looking clean and good.

One thing I thought would be a great addition to the skin for users would be a playlists link in the submenus under videos, music, moveis and tv home items.

As a recurrent theme in the help forums is library categories to which the answer is usually smart playlists. I think having direct access to the playlists from the home menu would make explanations for creating them simpler and the rationale for using them instead of categories easier to comprehend as it would make them appear more of a focus of the app which they really should be as the smart playist creation is awesome.

I think direct access to playlists is equally if not more advantageous as the current access to addons.

As an extension to this I also think it would be good to be able to add playlists under the movie and tv items in the way addons are added under the main items, the ability to define custom icons for these would be even better for a consistent look through the menus. This may be better served as a mod although I think the main point of access to playlists should definitely be core functionality.

apologies if this has been brought up before had a look but at least recently I couldn't find a similar request.

Cheers, Craig
+1! I really want this feature.

I have a very large library, and being able to quickly add things like "1080p", "720p", "480p", "IMDB Top 250", etc. to the home menu would be fantastic.

I've been using a modded Dharma Confluence for a couple of years now, and will really miss this capability in Eden.
Just wanted to add my +1 for this. Custom playlists and/or favourites in sub-menus are extremely useful.
kideternal Wrote:+1! I really want this feature.

I have a very large library, and being able to quickly add things like "1080p", "720p", "480p", "IMDB Top 250", etc. to the home menu would be fantastic.

I've been using a modded Dharma Confluence for a couple of years now, and will really miss this capability in Eden.
These submenus will be available in the next version of modded confluence eden-pre...Though I'm not sure if all but things like 1080p, 720p and IMDB Top250 definetly...
Stay tuned for this...

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Just wanted to add my +1 for this. Custom playlists and/or favourites in sub-menus are extremely useful.

Might take a look on how to code custom-playlist...if I have success the point above is obsolete because then the user can decide on his own which ones...

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
+1

Kid movies playlist is critical for me.

Great work though!
Any idea if this will make it into Edin? I think this is the biggest missing feature. If not provided out-of-the-box, any recommendations on how to add it?
dmborn Wrote:Any idea if this will make it into Edin? I think this is the biggest missing feature. If not provided out-of-the-box, any recommendations on how to add it?

This won't be in eden...you can take a look at the submenu iclude file in the 720p folder
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Might take a look on how to code custom-playlist...if I have success the point above is obsolete because then the user can decide on his own which ones...

mm

Feel free to look how it's done in cirrus extended v2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Playlists in sub menus0