Two settings that don't get along
Sad 
I cannot get these two settings to play nice with each other no matter what I do.

A) Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen.
B) Adjust display refresh rate to match video.
  • When A is off but B is on, the audio in every movie is not in sync. I have to delay everything by exactly 0.275 seconds universally. (This is currently my best option.)
  • When A and B are both on, the audio is in sync, but the video playback is unbearably choppy - looks like 10 frames a second.
  • When A is on but B is off, the audio is in sync, but the refresh rate doesn't match the video, and occasional judders occur. These don't annoy the common eye, but they annoy mine (and most likely many on this board).
  • When A and B are both off, it's the same as the above item, except not using true fullscreen, which I don't particularly care for anyway.

Conclusion is, I LOVE adjust display refresh rate to match video, but it doesn't work unless I use "true fullscreen". This wouldn't bug me, but then all the audio is off, so I need to do a universal setting to adjust everything by 0.275 seconds. This fix works for now, but this is definitely some sort of bug. Has it already been filed?
Version: 20110904-bb1417b
Display: Samsung LN52B750 52" 240Hz LCD HDTV
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
Graphics: PNY XLR8 Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM
Must be just a bug for you because that's exactly how I have my son's set up, fullscreen window and adjust refresh rate and he has no such audio lag.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247 - and no it ain't fixed and it isn't restricted to your system configuration. Providing all your content is 23.976, your unlikley to have an issue by adjusting the delay as you have done - anything else (like 25 or 50fps) is likely to be out of synch by the precise adjustment you've made to the 23.976fps files. Ho Hum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two settings that don't get along0