DVBLink Client API for XBMC
Lightbulb 
Hey there,

I'm no coding expert in anyway so please don't shout at me for this Big Grin

I've been an avid 7mc user for a good couple of years now, initially with extenders, and now using DVBLink to server virtual tuners to actual PCs for viewing TV and shared media content.

However I've always been interested in XMBC and love the multi-platform side of things with iPad/iPhone clients etc that I have installed and use on them for content.

Now that DVBLogic have implemented a new client API based on XML that:

"DVBLink Remote API provides the following functionality:

TV channel list retrieval
EPG information retrieval
Recording timers management (scheduling, overview and deleting)
Live TV playback
DVBLink Server parental control access"

http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php?title...ink_client

Would it be possible to create an XBMC plugin that calls back to this for PVR support with a 7MC backend?

Cheers all

mini
Yes
I would also be very interested in this as I currently use 7mc and dvblink but prefer XBMCs aesthetic, plugins and general customisation - I understand that a plugin has been developed for Linux - I thought all plugins were multiplatform or am I being niaive?
Quote:I understand that a plugin has been developed for Linux
Which plugin?

Quote:I thought all plugins were multiplatform or am I being niaive?
They get compiled for particular platforms.
Hello everyone,

From our side we will gladly help in the development of such a plugin.
For start we can provide our python code to receive and deserialize dvblink objects from the server - channels, epg and timers.
Those interested please PM me or send an e-mail to info at dvblogic.com.

Thanks.

DVBLogic
FernetMenta Wrote:Which plugin?

Must have been thinking about the boxes app.
dvblogic Wrote:Hello everyone,

From our side we will gladly help in the development of such a plugin.
For start we can provide our python code to receive and deserialize dvblink objects from the server - channels, epg and timers.
Those interested please PM me or send an e-mail to info at dvblogic.com.

Thanks.

DVBLogic

Any response from team xbmc?
I'm interrested too in such a Addon/Plugin. It would be great, it can be cross platform. I'm using XBMC on Mac OS X.
hopefully we see a dvblink client for xbmc down the line. I've attempted to use mediaportal but it is awful to use and seems like it hasn't changed in years. I really want to have one pc and one OS that does everything but unfortunately at the moment I have to use ubuntu and tvheadend for tv and then windows for storing media (want ease of use file duplication).
I use dvblink for watching TV on all pc's and portable media. Upnp and xbmc dharma because eden doesn't work. On some PC's I use Windows Media Center. I want to use eden and get rid of WMC so like to see dvblink as a addon. The functionallity of dvblink on WMC would be perfect for xbmc.
yes, a DVBlink plugin for XBMC would be fantastic!
I am a fan of XBMC and of DVBLink. I say...join them.
Thumbs Up 
XBMC with DVBLink has got to be the perfect combination, with this I could move entirely away from Windows and 7MC for my media PCs.

Some brave developer please pick this up!! Nod
Hi!

Any news on this matter?

Freddy
Question 
(2012-03-06, 16:53)TwoGunTurtle Wrote: XBMC with DVBLink has got to be the perfect combination, with this I could move entirely away from Windows and 7MC for my media PCs.

why wait .. take VDR, MythTV or TVHeadEnd (my preference) as backends and XBMC as frontend and say bye bye to windows .. and with windows you have 4theRecord or Mediaportal as backends ..

'cause I don't know DVBLink software - what makes DVBLink that great in your eyes Huh ?

Maybe it's worth a look , but there are so many tv backends so there must be some really considerable advantages of supporting DVBLink ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink Client API for XBMC1