[RELEASE] FurkLibrary Addon (Furk.net bittorrents in XBMC video library)
This is plugin is now obsolete, please check Furk Library 2

FurkLibrary v1.0.3 (Friday, 14 October 2011)
(The addon is in beta)

What is this?
This is a plugin to scrape information from furk.net into XBMC library, also it allows to search Furk.net and scrape dirs or play files. This is my first addon so please be patient for updates / mistakes.

What is Furk.net?
Furk.net is a free file hosting with one special feature - a BitTorrent proxy.
You can use Furk.net as a remote fully automatated BitTorrent client. Torrents can be added by .torrent files, links to them, info_hashes or even RSS feeds such as EZTV. When torrent is ready - you get direct http links and files are added into listing in this plugin. If you use RSS feeds everything is fully automated for you.

Furk.net has developed extended content verification. For every video torrent you get 9 screenshots (thumbnails and full-size), 2 audio samples for each audio stream, detailed codec info and antivirus check (by Kaspersky). Fakes are contantly detected by various filters and either are removed or marked with a warning.

Disclaimer
You must have a premium account (9 euros per month, 200GB limit) at Furk.net for this addon to function. This is my affaliate link, if you like my plugin please subscribe through this link.
I'm not in anyway related to Furk.net or its operations.

The plugin was inspired by:
IceLibrary addon, excellent addon, created by batch
Furk Player, created by Huh, (sorry couldn't find the forum link anymore)
Flexget, excellent tool for nzb/torrent automation

Code interacting with Furk, has been borrowed from Furk Player Addon.
Some explanations here and code for creating strm files, settings, has been borrowed from IceLibrary.
Code for movie name,tv show name, quality parsing is borrowed from Flexget.

How is this done?
Furk.net finished files on your account are scanned for movies and TV shows.
.strm files are creating containing information about the movies and TV show episodes. These files will be placed in appropriate subdirectories in the addon_data directory.
Movies are placed in: ".../addon_data/plugin.video.furklibrary/movies/"
TV show episodes are placed in: ".../addon_data/plugin.video.furklibrary/tvshows/showname/season/"
You have to add these paths XBMC video library and have their content type set.
You can change the paths through addon settings.

Unparsed files will be placed in:
".../addon_data/plugin.video.furklibrary/others"

When a library update is executed these files will be recognized and fanart and data about the movies and TV shows are downloaded.

The .strm files are being launched as regular movie files and when they are the FurkLibrary plugin will check if they still exists, if not it will add the name to recent queries, so you can search from plugin easily.

Requirements:
TV shows will be recognized by the current XBMC build but if you want movies to be recognized by the library then you need to get a modified version of XBMC.

Icelibrary page explains other methods too, but it was very easy to:

Patch your executable with a patcher:
Windows users can use this patcher to make XBMC able to recognize movies: XBMC patcher
The patcher is tested with and supports the current stable release, 10.1 “Dharma”, but will probably work on the nightly builds as well.
Download the patcher and unpack it to the installation directory of XBMC, the folder where you find XBMC.exe.
Right click on the patcher and choose to run it as administrator.
The patcher will create a backup of your XBMC.exe named XBMC.bak and then patch your XBMC.exe.
Use the patcher on your own risk.

How to use the addon:

Setup the FurkLibrary addon:
Download the addon here or from the repository.
Choose install from zip-file in XBMC and target the downloaded file.
Configure the addon after installation.

To use the auto update feature:
Activate auto-updates in the addon settings. It will scan Furk.net for new files in the background.
- Changed handling files that are not available anymore. It'll search for them, and add it to the recent search list, so you can easily play them through the plugin.
I get a read error, is this plugin still working?
'bump'
Can you please put a log on pastebin? I'm currently using it for Dharma 10.1, never tested on Eden.
thanks for replying, before i stick a log up, i am only subscribed to furk for a week, so i can trial it...would this make a difference to the plugin working or not, as i hope not, cos i would like to see it work before i upped my subscription to furk!
Thanks
Hi, I don't see a reason why it should not work. Try the official furk add-on to access your finished files (in standard repository), if it works, this will work. This plugin uses libraries from that addon to access furk.
Just tried once more, and i get this: Error(2,(the operation did not complete read))

Will sort log out saturday!
Thanks
Is there an issue with the repo?

I've just purchased a week trail but not sure how this plug actually works? Does this scrape in the same way as IceLibrary/IceFilms etc, or do I have to search for content first?
Please delete this post. I originally asked a question that was answered in the original post.
Plugin search function lists only already downloaded files (cached links) and not non-cached torrent links like on the webpage.Would it be possible to add torrent and rss feeds from within the plugin instead of adding them at the furk.net webpage "manually".
Hello,

Yes v1.0.4 had some bugs, so I have pulled that back. I'll update soon.

You have to add files to My files list first for this to operate.

Or you can think to add some rss feeds and they'll go to your files automatically when done.

underworld Wrote:Is there an issue with the repo?

I've just purchased a week trail but not sure how this plug actually works? Does this scrape in the same way as IceLibrary/IceFilms etc, or do I have to search for content first?
Current API does not allow that, but furk website mentions a new API is in progress, so as soon as they release that, I'll take a look.

versus Wrote:Plugin search function lists only already downloaded files (cached links) and not non-cached torrent links like on the webpage.Would it be possible to add torrent and rss feeds from within the plugin instead of adding them at the furk.net webpage "manually".
Plugin is now working for some reason!
Great!
Ok great!

falafael Wrote:Plugin is now working for some reason!
Great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FurkLibrary Addon (Furk.net bittorrents in XBMC video library)0