Verification for external player
Can someone please verify that this code is correct. This is my first attempt at configuring the external player. Thanks in advance.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*\[HD\].*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
There's a rogue </rule> in there. This is my playercirefactory.xml. Feel free to copy and paste. I changed the rule to match yours but you need to change the path to the MPC-HC executable.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:There's a rogue </rule> in there. This is my playercirefactory.xml. Feel free to copy and paste. I changed the rule to match yours but you need to change the path to the MPC-HC executable.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

JR

Thanks jhsrennie,

Now, where do I go to make sure this is working? How do I turn it on in the program (XBMC)

Thanks..
Just copy the playercorefactory.xml into your userdata folder. If you're not sure where the userdata folder is press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"

and click OK and the userdata folder will open in an Explorer window. To test if it's working highlight a video, press C to open the context menu, and on the context menu you should see an option "Play using...". If you select this you should get a choice between the builtin player and your custom player.

If the custom player doesn't seem to be working pop a debug log on http://pastebin.com/ and I'll have a look.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Verification for external player0