iOS 5 - early adopters beware
davilla Wrote:That does not in any way resemble what I said.

OK, you lost me - I assumed it was in response to me. Did the logs I posted help or is there any other information I can provide?
here's the syslog: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17635007/syslog
triplesilk Wrote:Geeze I'm confused - are you saying that mirroring will not work on the ATV2 yet (and probably not for some time) until it itself has a new operating system? The Apple site itself has the following text - is this just missleading then?

[/i]Wow your audience in the board room, classroom, or living room. AirPlay now supports video mirroring. Which means you can wirelessly — and securely — stream whatever’s on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S to your HDTV via Apple TV. Everyone in the room sees exactly what’s on your iPad or iPhone display up on the big screen — even when you rotate your device from portrait to landscape or zoom in and out.[/i]

Edit: I also searched before and there was a Youtube clip of mirroring using the ATV2 and a beta of ios5 on the ipad2. If it doesn't work I'll be so pissed! (I'm at work now so can't check, assuming that ios5 is available now in the UK that is.)

airplay mirroring (sending all that you see on your device on your tv) will only work with ipad 2 (ios5) and iphone 4s (ios5) sending to a ATV2 (ios5)

"normal" airplay of audio/video will work with ios4 and all current devices

is the fog gone now? Wink
atv update out now...just a waiting game

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/12/appletv-ge...-4-9a334v/
maxsql Wrote:airplay mirroring (sending all that you see on your device on your tv) will only work with ipad 2 (ios5) and iphone 4s (ios5) sending to a ATV2 (ios5)

"normal" airplay of audio/video will work with ios4 and all current devices

is the fog gone now? Wink

The fog hasn't gone at all! If we need an ATV ios5 update then how did this dude get the Youtube clip going with the iPad2 ios5 beta and current ATV2?

Edit: I'm sure you are right and the Youtube dude did something clever or tricky. Anyway, I guess the AVT2 update will do the trick - but will it mess up XBMC etc?
triplesilk Wrote:The fog hasn't gone at all! If we need an ATV ios5 update then how did this dude get the Youtube clip going with the iPad2 ios5 beta and current ATV2?

Edit: I'm sure you are right and the Youtube dude did something clever or tricky. Anyway, I guess the AVT2 update will do the trick - but will it mess up XBMC etc?

One keyword missing here is AIRPLAY video mirroring. Video mirroring already works with the current ATV2 OS and iOS devices...using a cable! AIRPLAY video mirroring (wirelessly mirroring your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S) is something that requires iOS 5 on both ATV2 and iPad 2/iPhone 4S.

ATV2 just got the iOS5 today. So Airplay video mirroring is now possible.

Hope this helps,

Trev
trevx Wrote:One keyword missing here is AIRPLAY video mirroring. Video mirroring already works with the current ATV2 OS and iOS devices...using a cable! AIRPLAY video mirroring (wirelessly mirroring your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S) is something that requires iOS 5 on both ATV2 and iPad 2/iPhone 4S.

ATV2 just got the iOS5 today. So Airplay video mirroring is now possible.

Hope this helps,

Trev

Thanks. I suspect the Youtube clip may have been some kind of demo as I don't think there were cables. Anyway, I've updated the ATV2 so could try it when iTunes doesn't crash trying to update - sigh. No XBMC etc on the ATV2 now though, but hopefully some clever soul will update the jailbreak stuff at some point.
Will IOS 5 improve HD movie performance? also what is WJ live stream?
Sooo looking forward to XBMC working on iOS5... I'd imagine the same jailbreak methods work with GM, since they seemed to work on the beta's....

iOS5 also brings NHL Streaming (at least to Canada), so I'm reaaaally excited for that....
davilla Wrote:None that I see.

iPad 2 and iPhone 4S airplay mirroring sounds pretty cool to me.
Also this iCloud photo sharing thing is kinda neat. Whatever pics you have taken on the iPhone will be immediately available on other iOS devices.

Now we just have to wait for a untethered jailbreak and for XBMC to be updated for iOS 5.
dieselboy27 Wrote:Now we just have to wait for a untethered jailbreak and for XBMC to be updated for iOS 5.

sitting, waiting, wishing Wink

its been already 3 hours since ios 5 is out....where is that untethered jb LaughLaughLaugh
The photo stream is really cool, but the solution to remove photos is terrible. You have to remove all and stop stream on all devices.
any one else found the quality of airplay mirroring from ipad 2 bad quality
This thread has degenerated into a iOS5 general discussion. Further tech support of actually running xbmc on iOS5 is discontinued on this thread. Thank you (the management).
I wanted to suggest earlier today that off topic posts should be deleted as it gets difficult to follow the topic, but said to myself - nay, you'll be complaining again.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5 - early adopters beware0