Stream Freeview HD to multiple HTPCs
Hi

My plan is to have a HTPC with a freeview HD tuner card which must be able to stream freeview hd to another HTPC in a different room.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

Thanks
You only need to run one of the supported backends on one machine and XBMC PVR on the others.
imnotreallyhere Wrote:Hi

My plan is to have a HTPC with a freeview HD tuner card which must be able to stream freeview hd to another HTPC in a different room.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

Thanks

As FernetMenta said.

One way in this case would be the 1st HTPC to run the backend as well as XBMC-PVR and the 2nd HTPC to just run XBMC-PVR.

When watching TV on the 2nd HTPC the 1st will obviously need to be turned on.
I think xbmc needs to progress a little with the front end for live tv... I use Media portal on a winxp "
"server" with an aver media and a dntv live hd tuner card (3 tuners in total) I just have a remote button that switches from xbmc to media portal which has live tv, recording and scheduling/time shifting capabilities. I never use my tvs tuner anymore and I have this linked to 3 htpcs and my laptop.

If you want to be able to schedule recordings then you need to have a pc that is always running or setup the auto booting features. Because I run downloads and media and backups, a simple server pc does all this easily.
phsyraxion Wrote:I think xbmc needs to progress a little with the front end for live tv... I use Media portal on a winxp "
"server" with an aver media and a dntv live hd tuner card (3 tuners in total) I just have a remote button that switches from xbmc to media portal which has live tv, recording and scheduling/time shifting capabilities. I never use my tvs tuner anymore and I have this linked to 3 htpcs and my laptop.

If you want to be able to schedule recordings then you need to have a pc that is always running or setup the auto booting features. Because I run downloads and media and backups, a simple server pc does all this easily.

Hello , can you explain me how do you switch between xbmc and MP please...
Have you both launched and send something like alt-tab with your remote ?
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Freeview HD to multiple HTPCs0