TexturePacker (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms
Thumbs Up 
xbmctex is deprecated.
spiff Wrote:xbmctex is deprecated.

ok, i'll switch to TexturePacker.

are .xbt files supported on the xbox?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:ok, i'll switch to TexturePacker.

are .xbt files supported on the xbox?

pretty sure thats a big fat NOPE
Jezz_X Wrote:pretty sure thats a big fat NOPE

so where do we go from here... ;-)

should skinners include both a .xbt and .xpr texture file?
when both are included, will the .xbt file take precedence on all systems (except the xbox)?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
if you still think your skin actually works on the xbox (new stuff really isn't getting ported back) then just ship the xpr but soon (many months) down the track xpr support will be removed and it will all be xbt only but of course we will probably bump the skin version for that.
Honestly I would just make a final xbox version of your skin and move along with bigger and better but thats just me
Jezz_X Wrote:if you still think your skin actually works on the xbox (new stuff really isn't getting ported back) then just ship the xpr but soon (many months) down the track xpr support will be removed and it will all be xbt only but of course we will probably bump the skin version for that.
Honestly I would just make a final xbox version of your skin and move along with bigger and better but thats just me

thanx Jezz_X.
if the xbox can't keep up with the latest and greatest in xbmc, so be it.
i have no interest in making/maintaining a separate (final) xbox version.

cheers.
thats why I said make it upload it and forget it Smile (until someone decides to merge all the changes again)
Hi, I'm confused by all of this. I've made some minor mods to the xTV skin (to support fanart in the ListView mode) and I'd like to delve deeper by modifying it further to change graphics, and who knows where that might lead me. But I'm not sure what tool(s) I should be using. I'd like to extract the existing images from the textures.xpr file and it sounds like I should be creating new images into an .xbt file.

And why aren't the necessary downloads linked to in the first post in this thread (or easily downloadable from somewhere on xbmc.org)?
The xTV skins images are in the skinning SVN. You don't need any tools to extract them as they're just sitting their waiting for you to do something with 'em.

All you need is the TexturePacker app if you wish to compress them into .xbt. This, again, is in SVN.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi,

yesterday i added dupe detection in TexturePacker. if you dupe an image, like is often done with studio logos etc, the data will only be stored once in the xbt files. just a heads-up if anyone notices their xbt files shrinking.
I wondered what the change to TexturePacker was - saves me asking, thanks.
Note - it's only enabled if you pack with -dupecheck option, which the addons bridge should be doing now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Guys,

what to use in order to create XBT on Mac? Where is it?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Guys,

what to use in order to create XBT on Mac? Where is it?

you need to use TexturePacker. it's included in the xbmc source-code.

afaik there are no precompiled binaries for either mac or linux, meaning you will have to compile it yourself (which is not a bad thing to get into anyway).
ronie Wrote:you need to use TexturePacker. it's included in the xbmc source-code.

afaik there are no precompiled binaries for either mac or linux, meaning you will have to compile it yourself (which is not a bad thing to get into anyway).

Thanks, Ronie

I know it could be useful but, ATM, it's like taking a mosquito with a hammer Smile

Any kind soul willing to compile this little thingy for Mac?

I guess it doesn't change that often, so it will be useful for a while.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TexturePacker (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms2