TexturePacker (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms
All right I will try to compile it for Mac OS X myself.

Will someone be so kind to explain how - what to get and what to do?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:All right I will try to compile it for Mac OS X myself.

Will someone be so kind to explain how - what to get and what to do?

hope this helps:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/raw/master/docs/README.osx
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie thanks, but there's not a word about TexturePacker there.

What did you do to make it run on Linux (I expect it would be similar on Mac)?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Ronie thanks, but there's not a word about TexturePacker there.

What did you do to make it run on Linux (I expect it would be similar on Mac)?

on linux you need to compile xbmc, once it's finished you'll find TexturePacker in the tools directory.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I give up. I'm not even able to prepare environment.

This is not for ordinary people. It is developer friendly skinning.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

building on osx has never been easier, just follow README.osx
(2011-04-09, 10:38)amet Wrote: building on osx has never been easier, just follow README.osx

Since there is no Readme.osx now for building TexturePacker for osx is there a new way to compile it?
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
(2013-02-17, 02:26)EqUiNoX Wrote:
(2011-04-09, 10:38)amet Wrote: building on osx has never been easier, just follow README.osx

Since there is no Readme.osx now for building TexturePacker for osx is there a new way to compile it?

you'll have to compile xbmc (this will also build TexturePacker).
the Readme.osx can be found here: https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/master/docs/README.osx
(2013-02-17, 02:38)ronie Wrote:

the Readme.osx can be found here: https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/master/docs/README.osx

Ive followed the instructions as closely as I could, certain bits went a bit strange and not quite to documentation. I managed to get to a point where a makefile was generated for TexturePacker and only way i could get a texturepacker executable was to run a make on it. Running it, it appears to work but with some duplicate library warnings...

I wanted to pack TexturePacker so i could use it in future, but seems to be dependant on files located at '/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends'

FYI the warnings i get running texture packer are....

objc[79985]: Class SDLTranslatorResponder is implemented in both /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib and /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.0.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[79985]: Class SDL_QuartzView is implemented in both /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib and /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.0.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[79985]: Class SDL_QuartzWindowDelegate is implemented in both /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib and /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.0.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[79985]: Class SDL_QuartzWindow is implemented in both /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib and /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_x86_64/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.0.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Is there something i can do to package TexturePacker and its required libraries?
(2013-02-17, 02:38)ronie Wrote:

Couldn't you make a compiled version available for all platforms? I mean it shouldn't be that hard and for Windows it's available.
I have now created a compiled version of texture packer for mac, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156611 for more details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TexturePacker (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms2