• 5(current)
tv show next aired script - new features for skinners
ppic Wrote:Ronie, what amazing work you've done to keep alive and upgrade my scripts, i'll never thanks you enought.

i've red their topic today to see what i've missing, i was so happy, you've done what i planned whit them.

heh, can't take all the credits, 'Black did a great job on creating the TV Guide.

ppic Wrote:i'll be back Wink

and that's a promise! ;-)

good to see you're still alive and kicking mate,
once you're back at full speed, let me know
as i have collected a giant requests list for each of your scripts ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Okay, I finally got to work on learning python and I got the script to work with canceled ended shows. Only thing is that I hacked the part by simply changing the Canceled/Ended text and I had to delete my canceled.db for it to work.
Surely there is a better way for it to be done.
This probably also is not so good for the old way the script works. But here is my script http://pastebin.com/zddpNnB9

It's basically 3 lines of extra code starting on line 292

Let me know what you think.
Jezz_X Wrote:Right now that you mention json turns out you need to go into network settings and enable "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" or it wont work. I disable that stuff because I don't need it for anything

Noticed it was what was different between my iPad and my desktop pc

Looks like you don't need to turn that on on OSX/iOS.

I may be worth considering that most users will probably ditch addon as non-functional because of that.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Looks like you don't need to turn that on on OSX/iOS.

I may be worth considering that most users will probably ditch addon as non-functional because of that.
might be the version of xbmc you are using too I'm on the very latest git at the time. but I agree its a silly thing to need to be activated for an internal xbmc script
Noticed: not a nice fading of fanart on scrolling horizontaly when fanart is enabled, the fading on vertical scrolling is smoother.
That's fixed in the svn version... I forgot to add fadetime for the images.
`Black Wrote:That's fixed in the svn version... I forgot to add fadetime for the images.

Great, thanx ...
When you cancel the script while the dialogs is showing that it's updating you have to delete the next_aired.db to get it to work again, otherwise it just shows the shows that it processed up to the cancel. Running the addon again does not initiate the update process again, also not after restart of xbmc.

I was also under the impression that if you run the script at startup it runs in the background building the next_aired.db, but it doesn't do that. If you delete the next_aired.db and run the script at startup it still needs to rebuild the database when running the addon for the first time. I've waited 10 minutes before opening the script after startup. That should be enough time to rebuild the db in the background, as it takes about 2 minutes to rebuild on running the addon.
We need a force update function for that I think... so you could go to addon settings, select force update (or run the addon with force="true" or something) and it will rebuild the next_aired.db.
Big_Noid Wrote:When you cancel the script while the dialogs is showing that it's updating you have to delete the next_aired.db to get it to work again, otherwise it just shows the shows that it processed up to the cancel. Running the addon again does not initiate the update process again, also not after restart of xbmc.
true, currently you'll have to wait 24 hours before it build the next db again.

Big_Noid Wrote:I was also under the impression that if you run the script at startup it runs in the background building the next_aired.db, but it doesn't do that. If you delete the next_aired.db and run the script at startup it still needs to rebuild the database when running the addon for the first time. I've waited 10 minutes before opening the script after startup. That should be enough time to rebuild the db in the background, as it takes about 2 minutes to rebuild on running the addon.

it should do that. if no db exists the script will always build a fresh one.
a Debug Log may provide some clues if you've got the feelings things are not working as expected.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it should do that. if no db exists the script will always build a fresh one.

It does that when running the add-on, but not in silent mode. I'll check the log if I can find anything.
On a side note, I'm planning on making an option in the script to include canceled/ended shows now that I got the basics working. I think it should be optional, cause it takes a bit longer to run the script when they are not filtered out. Problem is that no matter what, not filtering the canceled shows will break the old way the script works. Would you still consider adding such an option in the script?
One thing I noticed is that the tv show's status is incorrect for many shows. None of the ended shows in my library show as ended. At first I assumed the info the script is pulling was outdated, but for example Caprica is listed as Canceled/Ended on tvrage, yet it shows up as "Final Season" in the library. Veronica Mars is listed as "Returning Series" in the library for me, but tvrage is listing it as Canceled/Ended.
Jeroen Wrote:One thing I noticed is that the tv show's status is incorrect for many shows. None of the ended shows in my library show as ended. At first I assumed the info the script is pulling was outdated, but for example Caprica is listed as Canceled/Ended on tvrage, yet it shows up as "Final Season" in the library. Veronica Mars is listed as "Returning Series" in the library for me, but tvrage is listing it as Canceled/Ended.

Debug Log please :-)
Big_Noid Wrote:When you cancel the script while the dialogs is showing that it's updating you have to delete the next_aired.db to get it to work again, otherwise it just shows the shows that it processed up to the cancel.

i think we should save the info to a temp file while scraping,
and only replace the db when the script fully finished scraping.

that should fix the issue of have a broken db if you cancel the script...
ronie Wrote:Debug Log please :-)

Ok, hope this will do: http://pastebin.com/ecGABLnT

edit: also, am I correct in assuming it's not possible to use the nextaired infolabels inside containers?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv show next aired script - new features for skinners0