Easy install guide for PVR on XBMC for newbies
Today I have been determined to get PVR running on XBMC, downloaded from all available resources the files and apps needed. Included XBMC-PVR-4e9f5b7-dx as the combined XBMC with PVR support and followed all the readme and support docs.

But despite a whole day and numerous reloads and installs into seperate folders to preserve existing configurations I have failed. Take my present install, I get to XBMC, TV server is running and when I enable TV all I get is nags with plugin not enabled etc. Check plugins and mark Mediaportal PVR, attempt to enable and it fails.

So frustrating, while looking at the links prior to attempting this build I get sent all over the place, download this, but here is a list of other downloads you should consider and ultimately all I want is a simple.. ABC, 123 with download one, install, then download two and install etc.

Is that possible?

I am infatuated with XBMC and will not give up on it, I have used MCE for years and the PVR is really good and simple to use but I really want to consolidate everything into one platform. What are the plans to get PVR running without all the hassle of test builds etc all of which I know are necessary but how much longer perhaps?

Can anyone help? all I want and I suspect hundreds of others too want PVR consolidated into XBMC?

Any help for a newbie! I've been through just about every thread and just cannot piece together so many opinions on how to install and get this working..

Thanks guys, I love the software and want to stay committed to XBMC..

Asdeane
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...r-doc.html

That should be all you need to know/follow (assuming you setup Mediaportal TV-server properly).

Just make sure you grab the 1.2 version of the TVServerXBMC plugin if you are running Mediaportal 1.2.
Hello Jete246, taking time out to thank you for your quick reply. That was a clearer and yet more informative than previous posts on the subject. Thank you, I have something that works at the moment. Quite flakey and not everything works such as EPG and can only get it running on Confluence.. but its a lot more than I did have.

Thank you again, will continue some testing now and see where it leads me.. sure I will post more in the coming days.

asdeane
Yes, it's still a bit flakey... I'm not sure if it's XBMC or Mediaportal, I'm leaning towards XBMC, but it's still in alpha release, so I always go back to beggars can't be choosers.

There are a lot of us very much looking forward to XBMC 12...

I think MQ3 supports PVR (and look amazing)... EPG takes a bit to setup, but I do have it working mostly, what's your problem with EPG?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy install guide for PVR on XBMC for newbies0