XBMC on atv2 + time capsule, drop frame and slow buffering
i have the 1st gen. time capsule and the newest atv2 jailbroken in 4.3, i selected the time capsule in XBMC's zeroconfig menu(this is the only place i can see it), and ok browsing the files, but play it? nah...i tried to play a 3.5GB 1280 avatar on time capsule, keep droping frames and constantly stunt, is there any ways to improve the performance? is the zeroconfig connection count as SMB or AFP? sorry im noobie, which connection method can improve the performance? THX folks!
For the timecapsule AFP is probably the fastest protocol you can use. It is more likely the file is not quite the right format for it to be played cleanly.
Please provide a xbmc.log file. Read my footer for a link.
Also put up a mediainfo for the file you are trying to play.
g-off Wrote:For the timecapsule AFP is probably the fastest protocol you can use. It is more likely the file is not quite the right format for it to be played cleanly.
Please provide a xbmc.log file. Read my footer for a link.
Also put up a mediainfo for the file you are trying to play.

but i can't connect to TC by manually enter the source 'afp://capsule:[email protected]/movie' , it just won't connect me, anyhow i can connect to tc with Zeroconfig, but i want faster connection. Here is my log, please .. please help.

http://www.kuaipan.cn/index.php?ac=file&...1670749208
oh sorry that's a chinese wireless storage, please click on the green button that is the download button.
You are not going to get many takers on that site. It brings up another dialog in Chinese.

Try using pastebin. If the file is too big, restart XBMC to create a new shorter logfile.
g-off Wrote:You are not going to get many takers on that site. It brings up another dialog in Chinese.

Try using pastebin. If the file is too big, restart XBMC to create a new shorter logfile.

sorry i can't log in to pastebin in china = =; did you try the left button from my link, it says 'normal speed'.
johnita Wrote:oh sorry that's a chinese wireless storage, please click on the green button that is the download button.

The button on the left is blue.

Update to the nightly build. AFP and many other things work in the newer version.

See the link in my signature.
Original posters log file: http://pastebin.com/sDfaN3bh
I did read the logfile. The Cydia version does not support AFP.

When is the Cydia version going to get updated?!?

Half the threads in this forum can be answered "update to nightly build"
g-off Wrote:I did read the logfile. The Cydia version does not support AFP.

When is the Cydia version going to get updated?!?

Half the threads in this forum can be answered "update to nightly build"

Sorry wasn't clear from your post that you'd already read the log, was just trying to be helpful if anyone else came looking for it.

Agreed that running the nightly would probably make more sense on the ATV2 platform where the stable isn't really a stable release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on atv2 + time capsule, drop frame and slow buffering0