pulse-eight: running install_xbmc.sh gives unmet dependencies
I had a functioning xbmc-pvr from pulse-eight on a minimal Lucid system. I then purged xbmc-live and could not reinstall it (because of unmet dependencies involving xbmc-bin). I therefore purged xbmc as well and tried to reinstall xbmc pvr using http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu/install-xbmc.sh

Unfortunately, I get the following unmet dependencies:

Code:
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-bin (< 2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20110812.5c6848a-0ubuntu1~stable46~lucid.1~) but 2:11.0-pvr+p8~git20110829.4e9f5b7-0ubuntu1~stable48~lucid is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Can someone help me resolve this problem?
I think it is not possible at the moment to install XBMC with this script. I tried it, too.

You can install a previous release this way:

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install xbmc

I think Dushmaniac has a lot of work to do at the moment in cause of the Eden upcoming release. May be that this is the reason.
the new release on pulse-eight should work properly again, except if you're using xbmc-live on lucid.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Unfortunately not.
xmbc-live script even do not try to start up X. No logs at all - Xorg.0.log not touched, xbmc.log, too. I tried to replace xbmc-live.conf with old one and now X are starting and stopping with endless loop. Here is one sign in .xsession-errors:

Xsession: X session started for htpc at Wed Oct 19 21:56:10 CEST 2011
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libva-x11.so.1: undefined symbol: fool_postp

libva-x11-1 was upgraded during xbmc installation.

I'm running on natty (upgraded from lucid->maverick)
upgradng libva1 from ubuntuupdates.org solves this issue however that's not all.
Still xbmc does not start - xbmc-live scripts do not work at all.
Things already founded:
1. "hardcoded" xbmcUser variable (xbmcUser=xbmc) - in my case "htpc" user - it requires to change several scripts.
2. /etc/default/xbmc-live not used even some checks on that file are done (I tried to set up xbmcUser on this)
3. /etc/xbmc/live.d scripts do not support for NVidia GT220 card (0be2) (audio over HDMI works on that). Moreover, slightly different 'aplay -l' needs to be considered: "HDA NVidia" instead of "HDMI NVIDIA"

I realised that all scripts from live.d (with modifications) are passed but xbmc still do not start. There are no logs and I do not know what to check now.

XBMC starts manually but xbmc-live script cannot.
Any idea ?
I'll investigate this tomorrow.
the difference between the previous builds and this one is the branch of xbmc-packaging ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc-packaging ) that is used. the new version is using uxlaunch and I included a backport of it for lucid. apparently some config isn't right yet.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

alright, just checked and eden will be using ubuntu oneiric for xbmc-live.
this means I'll probably drop support for the old ubuntu lucid based xbmc-live too now.

I'll post more info when I worked it all out.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

thanks - waiting for...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pulse-eight: running install_xbmc.sh gives unmet dependencies0