Ati HD5450 versus i3 2100T
Hi,

some time ago I build my HTPC specifically to run XBMC. Originally I decided to go with the i3 graphic option but then I stubble upon the macroblocking bug in XBMC. Since I was not willing to wait I decided to purchase an ATI HD 5450 graphic card until the problem was fixed. However now that the macroblocking bug has been fixed I was wondering whether or not to remove the discrete graphic card or not.

Can someone please provide the pros/cons between using either the i3 or the discrete card.
I don't have either, but the 5450 is an excellent video card so at best the i3 GPU is likely to be as good but not better. If you have a pressing reason to remove the 5450, e.g. noise or you want to use the card in another PC, then try it. Otherwise, if your setup is working well I'd leave things as they are.

JR
Hi jhsrennie and thanks for replying. The reason that I am asking is because although the ATI card is fanless, after installing it I had to enable one of the case fans in order to cool the system down. As a result the case is producing some noise that it was not there previously.

What I mostly want to know whether or not the i3 core graphic option will produce the same quality as my current system does in any video type i.e. SD, HD, Full HD? I do not care about the additional horsepower that the ATI card provides, I believe from what I have read that the i3 core cpu can decode the videos just fine on its own.

Thanks
maybe you should investigate that the intel i3 2100T video card has some difficulties with the video at 23.976 fps. A quiet fan for the case might be a good solution.
Thanks joethefox,

I will investigate the i3 core card and also get a larger fan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ati HD5450 versus i3 2100T0