Green line on top and button at videos in nightly!
Hello,

just tried the nightly from 09.Okt .11 and have some green lines at top and button of the picture in some videos.
Just looked at the tickets and don´t find anything about.
So my question: Is it an already known issue?
Otherwise I will look more into it what kind of codecs and which options etc.

Have it at Windows Vista, Nvidia GT520 at SD material.
HD material at m2ts or mkv not. DXVA is switched on!
Dharma is running fine without green lines.
I get this also but it only appears to be on iPlayer HD videos.
That's a new one. I know about the bottom line that can stay frozen for certain zoom values, but nothing about a green top line.
Would need a debug log and a short sample file please. no iPlayer here.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Will see what I can do. At the same time this appeared, XBMC stopped stretching some of my SD videos to the full size of my screen. This is on an AMD Fusion machine using latest atalyst drivers for dxva scaling.
-> crystalIP

Okay I will try to give you all infos about, debug, sample etc.
I have it a lot on musikvideos which are in different formats mostly avi, divx, mpg with green line on bottom and top. I will look which files have this problem.
This is not on iplayer. I don´t have it. Just windows vista nvidia gt520 with latest drivers and DXVA switched on. I am not sure if also without dxva.

But okay I will look at it.

Do you have a link where described how to do the debug logs etc and to submit a sample?
How is it working debug on-> than start again xbmc and just playing this file and thats it?
Do it the last time maybe a year ago!
This has been happening to me for a while with nightly builds and specifically only with HD videos from iPlayer. I have an ATI 5670 and today upgraded from catalyst 11.5 to 11.9 (11.10 preview completely broke DXVA playback) and it occurs on both these driver versions and some prior to this too.

EDIT: Here's a debug log playing back the sample file linked below: http://pastebin.com/dUq8vudy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2830812/iPlayer....ifacts.mkv - I have split the RTMPDump'ed video into a 1 minute (C. 20MB) section. Play back throughout the video displays a green/purple bar at the top within XBMC compiled this morning. The artifact doesn't show with PowerDVD codec in MPC-HC (though it does with MPC-HC internal codecs (1.5.2.2999)).

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.
OK I can see it on ATI as well. nVidia seems to work around it.
The hardware acceleration comes from ffmpeg and that's where this problem is. That's not where our expertise is, you may have better luck for a quick resolution by posting in the VLC and MPC-HC forums. Then let us know if/when they have a fix. Bringing it in will be no problem.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
The good news is we know what's causing it (cropping parameters) and it also happens with vdpau for the linux guys. The bad news is that a fix is not easy in a manner that will be accepted upstream.
Is there any update on this issue? I seem to still have the issue

Thanks
As a solution seems to be known.. Is a fix (Linux, VDPAU) expected before Eden gets released?
This was fixed a while ago, if you still have a problem, it's a different one and we'll need a debug log, a screenshot, possibly a sample.
Smile 
Screenshots can be found here:
screenshot010.png
screenshot013.png

And the debug log ishere.

The same type of lines occur on DVD isos as well. Let me know if you need more info.
Sorry opening those links doesn't work for me for some reason.
Sorry can't help you with linux, and it doesn't seem to be the same problem.
Try a thread in the linux forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green line on top and button at videos in nightly!0