Help with Ooba multi-browser script
for some reason this script isn't running as it should be. some of the catagories are fine but when pressing the adult content it returns to the selction screen of the script. strange :help:
that bug is fixed in the version that is on deviantart. (note i don't change the version numbers all the time on my personal version.) download it again and it should work.
i just tried the newest version on deviantart, and cant get it to run. when trying to start all i get is a brief "running" and then nothing. is there some type of setup i'm missing? i just put all the files into my script file. xbmc (4/15).
please tell me the last script output (it should contain error descriptions)... you can see the script output by pressing the white button on the controller in the script menu.

(it could be because you are missing the "image" library.)
hi phunck

don't you want to add the week's top ten music-videos also ?

--------------------------------

mainmenu.items.append(menuitem('boogie listen', 'http://www.dr.dk/extention/player_boogie_toc.aframe?'))
actions.append('player_boogie_toc\.aframe', \
submenuaction('id="hd(?p<url>\d+)"[^<>]*value="(?p<title>[^"<>]*)', \
'http://www.dr.dk/extention/playwindowsme...trace=off'))

actions.append('playwindowsmediaboogie', playaction())

--------------------------------

i use it a little bit, just sad that the resolution isn't all that good.

snowatom
snowatom: sorry, i missed that when i switched to xml :verysad: . well, now i have included it (check the deviantart link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16987987/ ).
looks great

looking forward to new exciting versions :d

keep up the great work...

snowatom
yes,,,,error "no module named image". where do i get the image library?
there is an error in version 0.78 ooba.

the boogie stuff looks for some cache files on your desktop folder, and gives an error...

[errno 2] no such file or directory: ´c:\\documents and settings\\.......\\desktop\\xbmcscripts\\cache\\...............................

is it my own fault, or is there a flaw in the newest version ?

snowatom
mmmmm ? weird, it started working again,.

snowatom
i downloaded this script but cant get it 2 wurk. i clik on ooba.py and it wont load. it does nothing. can sum1 plz help me?
i know some of ya'll will be like @**ho>e for posting here but,
i'd love to try this script i'm totally new to the whole script stuff. i've done the consumption junction script which was simple. is anyone willing to teach me how to install this, it'll take one time i promise to write everything down. i installed one ooba version and didn't get it to work so i kinda gave up. now i'm nearly desperate to get it. [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

thanks in advanced
soze
ok well i spent some time browsing the source code of this script and found out why people are having trouble getting it to work.

*installation help!!!! read this if you can't get ooba to work!!!*

ok well trying to get people's attention for this. what i did is this. in the xbmc script directory i created a new folder called "ooba" and i put the png files from the archive as well as "menu.xml" and "ooba.py" in their as well.

next i created two more folders inside this new one called "permanent" and "cache" which i'm not sure if this is needed but inside the script is tries to save things there and i doubt it will create them itself.

ok well the next phase is that this script makes use of a lot of libraries so heres the deal. below is a link to a rar archive which contains python libraries that this script needs to run. extract the scripts and save them to the "python/lib" directory under xbmc's main directory (same folder that "scripts" is in). these files need to be there. now in the same lib directory place the files "cachemanager.py" and "htmlscrub.py" in to it as well. these files come with ooba.

edit: you can put htmlscrub.py and cachemanager.py in the same directory as ooba.py if you want. its your choice so choose on whats easier for you.

now you should be able to browse to the ooba.py file and load it with no problems.

notes: maybe pil.rar's library files should be provided with the script as well as a proper readme file. the only way i got this to work was with complete guess work by analyzing the code. i can't for sure tell you that this will work 100% as this is a beta program in itself and i have not communicated with the author but i hope to at some point. good luck and hopefully this helps people.

last to the author, if you need webhosting for your script you should let me know. i run a dedicated server and i can help you out on that front. the reason i say this is because it was out of pure luck that i found this thread to begin with and it would be nice if there was more information for people who want to run this.

forgot the pil archive but here it is:

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/downloads/doc...on/pil.rar
nuff said
thanks drakethegreat....everything works great now...i remember these files now, they were needed to run the klm browser. should have thought of them sooner....thanks again.
drakethegreat: thanks for posting the installation instructions. i'll start writing a readme file that also contains some installation instructions. i'll think about that offer for hosting space. maybe i would like to have a way of autoupdating menu.xml (it depends a little on script runner.)

could you edit your installation instructions post: htmlscrub and cachemanager does not need to be in the lib dir. they can be in the same dir as ooba.py... also, in the newest version ooba actually does create the cache and permanent folders (but only since v0.78b).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Ooba multi-browser script0