How to upgrade to Eden?
I currently have Dharma installed and I am just wondering how I can go about upgrading to the Eden version. I have my DB, watched status, plugins etc. etc. and want to keep everything intact.

So, how do I go ahead and upgrade to Eden? Smile
Since Eden won't be out for a bit I'm guessing you want to try a current development build, or the imminent beta, and therefore there may be quite a bit of installing and re-installing. If so, this is the way I'd do it:

In C:\Program Files, or C:\Program Files (x86) if you use x64 Windows, there will be a folder called XBMC that contains the XBMC program files. Rename this to e.g. XBMCv101.

In your appdata folder will be a folder called XBMC that contains your settings. Copy theis XBMC folder somewhere safe so you have a backup. A quick way to open the appdata folder is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%"

(including the quotes). Click OK and an Explorer window will open. You'll see the XBMC folder in this window somewhere.

Now just install Eden and it will use your existing settings and database.

JR
edit: to late, JR was first
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just upgraded Dharma to yesterday's nightly build and all is working just fine. All I did is to install the nightly build over the existing Dharma. All the plugins and configurations that I had saved under Dharma remained. YMMV though.
drabina Wrote:I just upgraded Dharma to yesterday's nightly build and all is working just fine. All I did is to install the nightly build over the existing Dharma. All the plugins and configurations that I had saved under Dharma remained. YMMV though.

Generally speaking that will be fine, and it should certainly be fine for the official release of Eden. For nightly builds there can be, and have been, occasional problems with in place upgrading. The in place upgrade also makes it harder to go back if you run into a problem and want your v10.1 installation back.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to upgrade to Eden?0