[WINDOWS] How to write library data to file meta-data
Hi everyone. This is my first post here, so please forgive me if it's already been asked. I've searched the forum and t'interweb, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Basically, I have named all my files to suit XBMC's scrappers, and it works great, XBMC has found all the info on my files. But I'd like if possible, to write the info XBMC has found back into the file's metadata so that other software can pick it up too. Is it possible? Has anyone written a script to do this?

I know there are third party applications out there to do this kind of thing, but I don't want to have to reacquire all the info on my files again, and then check it's all correct. XBMC has already done it.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jamie
You can export you library. It's under settings--> video.
You chose one file or separate and will be stored along with your media files.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the idea, but that's not what I'm after. It's similar. Instead of the data being written to a file with the .nfo extension of the same name, I'd like the data to be written into the meta data (ID3 etc.) of the actual mkv and mp4s, so that other media players can read it. Is there any way to do it?
I'll take that as a no...
Correct. XBMC does not write to your media at all. I doubt it will ever do so.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] How to write library data to file meta-data0