bulk (re)install add-ons?
is there a way to bulk install add-ons? the originally downloaded zip packages seem to be soted in the 'packages' folder at ..../XBMC/addons/packages

i play with the nightlies and all kinds of settings so am regularly wiping and doing clean installs.

it'd be great to preserve the addons packages folder and then install them all at once rather than individually redownloading or using the UI to install one by one via zip.

thx. mkb.
Just copy the whole addons folder to a drive in windows using filezilla or winscp 5.02
Then you could just copy that folder back to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

You can also save and restore your userdata folder that way.
that's not exactly the solution I'm looking for -- i'm aware that i can backup and then restore the user data folder.

doing that, however, negates the clean install as settings, etc are carried over.

i'm dreaming of a way to install a folder full of zipped add-ons in bulk, not one by one via the GUI. installing the add-ons fresh after a clean XBMC install means that new add-ons settings folders will be created, etc etc.

it'd be great to be able to choose a FOLDER of zipped add-ons to install via the GUI option install via zip.

thanks.
Couldn't you just install all your addons after doing a clean install and then backup the addons folder before you open/configure any of them?
There is no reason to ever wipe that I can see. Older nightlies can be installed over new ones.
Deleting the userdata folder is pretty much like wiping.
Addon folder does not have to be deleted.
copy the contents of all the zip files into your user addons folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bulk (re)install add-ons?0