koribo ilro remote control
Hi everyone,

I recently installed XBMC on my HTPC and I got to say that it is amazing.
I bought a specific remote control: koribo ilro which is HID and not IR
a few questions:

1) How do I configure this remote control to work as fluent with XBMC as it is fluent with WMC7? I heard of Evenghost and I tried to use it but since there is no plugin for this remote control, it seems that it is a complicated task. any suggestions?
2) when I did try to configure Evenghost, it didn't canceled the old configuration & so, while I pressed the "On" button, both WMC7 & XBMC turned on & the default player was WMC7. any way to cancel WMC7 from auto-start while I press the On button?
3) I am Hebrew native speaker, some of my files are written in Hebrew (songs etc...) but the Aeon skin doesn't recognize the characters & display them as gibberish Sad I replaced the font in the specified folder to Ariel (which recognize Hebrew) but after several days, it went back to gibberish. is there an auto update to the skin? if yes, can I cancel it?

thank you for your help, it is much appreciated,
If there is a way I can help the community (other than donating cause I already did that), I will be glad to assist.

Sorry if my English is not so fluent, as I said, I'm Hebrew native speaker Smile

Best regards,
David, Israel
Your remote is probably sending Media Center keypresses e.g. ctrl-shift-P for play. Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and see if it reports any keypresses when you press buttons on the remote. Note that if you have Eventghost running it may interfere with this, and if you enabled the Eventghost option "Disable HID device" this will also interfere.

XBMC has support for Media Center keypresses built in so if the remote is sending keypresses it should work out of the box.

see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for some background info.

JR
Sad 
Hi,
Thanks for your reply Smile
the solution you gave isn't working (since Eventghost doesn't recognize the keystrokes as key presses).
on Eventghost, only when I add plugin called "generic HID", only than it recognize the keys I press which is fine, than I can assign it to whichever program I want. But!!!... it also operates the default program it was intended to operate & so, it isn't really useful cause each time I press the button, It makes two operations: the first is the default key (e.g. the "My Videos" button auto-start WMC) & the operation I assigned it to.
On "generic HID" you can't remap the key or disable the original key operation Sad
hope you understand me.
If it helps, this is the URL for the remote control I own, maybe it will shade light on the case:
http://www.koribo.com/pd4_Koribo--Ilro.aspx
Thanks,
Help is much appreciated from people who knows what is the solution or from people who knows a guide to this case.
Best regards,
David
Big Grin 
Hello everybody,

As you can guess from the title, I found the solution to my problem & I wanted to share it with you, maybe it will help others because I spent hours in searching for what to do.

As you guys know, I have "Koribo" remote control that uses the generic HID driver as default. So, normal methods of configuring to the remote control don't apply.

This guide is for the use with "Eventghost" on a windows 7 computer but I guess it would work with other systems as well.

First thing: You'll need to get WMC out of the way because if you wouldn’t, many buttons are preconfigured and thus you wouldn't be able to reconfigure them (you will get double action buttons, e.g.: the green button will start WMC & XBMC at the same time).

How to Disable Windows Media Center:
Probably the easiest way to get rid of it on all versions of Windows 7 is to open Control Panel and select Programs and Features. This method is similar to disabling Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7.

On the left hand panel click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
Scroll down to Media Features and expand the folder. Then Uncheck Windows Media Center…
You’ll get a verification message making sure you want to disable it, click Yes.
Then the box next to Windows Media Center will be empty…click OK.
Wait while WMC is disabled…
To complete the process a reboot is required.
After getting back from the restart, the WMC icon will be gone and there won’t be any way to launch it.

How to configure EventGhost (the green/start button)
In my setup I started eventghost and removed everything pre-configured. I added the remote 3 times as "Generic HID", on the device list there are 3 of the following:
"Plugin: HID: Holtek wireless 2.4GHz Trackball Keyboard"

enter something in the "Event Prefix (optional)" field so you'll see in the log which button belongs to which virtual device out of the three (I used r1, r2 and r3). (The big green button is on the 3rd one).

So in the auto start now you have "Plugin: XBMC" and 3 times "Plugin: HID: Holtek wireless 2.4GHz Trackball Keyboard". Now if you press the green button it will show up on the left side in the log as "r3.Button.13" (the prefix r3 is the one you used during the HID setup).

In the XBMC plugin there is no macro for the start XBMC so
  1. add a new Macro,
  2. select "System > Start Application" from the left side list,
  3. point it to the XBMC.exe,
  4. drag the "r3.Button.13" with the flash icon from the log into the macro and
  5. save.
The green button will start XBMC from now on.

Now all is left to do is press buttons that you want to configure and drag them to desirable action on the right XBMC pan.

Now you will be able to enjoy your remote control as if it was designed to work with XBMC.

Good Luck,

David
Hi David,

I am trying to something similar (I think) with the same koribo remote control. I am using it for "slingplayer" and want to reconfigure the buttons.
I want one of the buttons on the remote to be "space bar", one of the buttons to be X and i want the green color to be [shift+ctrl+G] etc.
Is this possible using the solution you found for XBMC ?

Thanks
Jeremy
(2012-03-29, 08:47)jerblank Wrote: Hi David,

I am trying to something similar (I think) with the same koribo remote control. I am using it for "slingplayer" and want to reconfigure the buttons.
I want one of the buttons on the remote to be "space bar", one of the buttons to be X and i want the green color to be [shift+ctrl+G] etc.
Is this possible using the solution you found for XBMC ?

Thanks
Jeremy

yes it is possible
post me if you run into problems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
koribo ilro remote control0