XBMC not fitting on my TV screen?
Hi.

I've installed XBMC on my Revo3700 and using HDMI to my 32" Samsung HDTV.

However it doesn't quite 'fit' on the screen? The top and bottom (where it has the scrolling text) is cut off slightly.

Is there an easy way to fix this please?

Thanks.
sure,

go into settings > system settings > video output > Video Calibration...
Most TVs cut off the edges of the picture. This is called overscan - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan for details.

Most new TVs have an option to disable overscan and show the whole picture. This will be in the picture settings somewhere and is often called game mode or 1:1 mode or something similar. If you can't find the setting post the model number of your TV and I'll have a look at the manual.

JR
Thanks.

It is a Samsung 32 le32a656a1f
I had overscan problems with my 42" LG at first but after some tinkering with the TV I realized that it has the option to specify what type of device is connected to which inputs. For example, I have two HDMI connections, I switch the HTPC to the "PC" setting and the other one to "Blueray Player". Switching the HTPC plug to "PC" immediately fixed the overscan issue without needing to tinker with the XBMC settings. I'm not sure if Samsung has this as well but it is worth looking in to.
magnumbi Wrote:I had overscan problems with my 42" LG at first but after some tinkering with the TV I realized that it has the option to specify what type of device is connected to which inputs. For example, I have two HDMI connections, I switch the HTPC to the "PC" setting and the other one to "Blueray Player". Switching the HTPC plug to "PC" immediately fixed the overscan issue without needing to tinker with the XBMC settings. I'm not sure if Samsung has this as well but it is worth looking in to.

You shouldn't have to use PC mode over HDMI if you send the native resolution as its no different than what comes out your Bluray player and normally there are disadvantages in using PC mode

@markjones99

Just to add to what jhsrennie said you need to use your screens native resolution to get 1:1 mode

Edit : I just checked your manual go into "Picture Option" then to "Size" and select "Just Scan" that should solve your problem, you must be sending the native resolution 1920x1080

I believe pressing "P.Size" on your remote will also toggle through picture size options so again just find "Just Scan"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I have the same problem and my TV is Sony Bravia 40 KLV-40V300Ainch and there is no over scan on that TV, what can I do to have it fixed?
If you're using windows, note that the default DXVA output seems to ignore what XBMC specifies for size, so you may need to mess around in the control panel (ATI seems especially "good" at doing this).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Every Sony TV I've ever seen has overscan that requires calibration (wiki).
Hi thank you for the replied but I am using Mac instead of Window, any idea how to fix it on Mac? and I tried to find the scan on my Sony but I couldn't find it, where should I look?
You could use the zoom function on the appearance menu in settings to zoom out a little
(2011-10-11, 11:46)markjones99 Wrote: Hi.

I've installed XBMC on my Revo3700 and using HDMI to my 32" Samsung HDTV.

However it doesn't quite 'fit' on the screen? The top and bottom (where it has the scrolling text) is cut off slightly.

Is there an easy way to fix this please?

Thanks.
On my Samsung under Picture Options, Size, there is a setting called Screent Fit or Fit to Screen, selecting this makes XBMC fit the screen with default settings, no adjusting needed.
I managed to adjust my TV too see the xbmc but still not on full screen. The problem now there is no Display on the system setting it is only video video calibration showing. I am using ATV2 with the latest firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not fitting on my TV screen?0