WIP mp4 music video scraper
(2015-11-19, 15:58)DarkHelmet Wrote: Zag, Kodi can already read tags in mp4 video files perfectly if you just use a music scraper on the files (add mp4 to musicextensions in advancedsettings and let a music scraper run). It is however not possible to use these tags for the video library.

See my feature request here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=248452

thanks for the tip!
Good morning,

maybe it is too early but I can't add "(%musicbrainz_albumid%)%musicbrainz_recordingid%(%musicbrainz_workid%)%musicbrai​nz_artistid%" into the MB Picard renaming box.

edit:
if you type it manually (no copy/paste) its working .... now I have to figure out how to add the videos to kodi
re: fanart, the library does support fanart and will scan local fanart (and poster). It will also scan an embedded cover art (in mp4 file) as poster.

AFAICT there is no way to get Kodi to display an album cover as album thumb in music video album view. I don't see any JSON call that can get at it (for example I had the idea of storing a new arttype "cover" for a music video).

scott s..
(2015-11-15, 02:20)mrjwm2 Wrote: leejk,

You're correct. MB Picards documentation states mp4 only. When I did a search: "here" I see other video formats supported with verison 1.3 of Picard. I tested Picard with a m4v file and it worked. I don't have wmv, asf, or ogv to test.

(Edit)------I don't think Kodi is able to play m4v files from iTunes. The file has drm protection.

Kodi plays them fine... there's no drm. I've ran my videos thru Picard before and matched them to artist/album entries from Picard. Doesn't it write this info to the video file like it does with audio files?
leejk,

Picard writes the metadata of the matched artist/album to the tag of the file. What is in the file tag has nothing to do with this scraper, or how Kodi adds it to the library tho. Tagging in Picard is the means to rename the file to the naming format used by this scraper. Well at least the most logical means to rename the file, you could cut and paste... Tongue
(2015-11-26, 01:33)scott967 Wrote: re: fanart, the library does support fanart and will scan local fanart (and poster). It will also scan an embedded cover art (in mp4 file) as poster.

Not sure where the above came from. This scraper will retrieve album thumb url and store that in the database. Art will be displayed, and for me, I see it in all views. Embedded art is not used/scanned in video files AFAIK.

Fanart is different. No fanart field is available in the musicvideo database. You could scrape fanart url, but it is useless. You need to add fanart manually for it to display. Or with a scraper I have written to pair with this scraper and a few other steps, semi automatic... kinda. A heck of a lot easier than manually.
(2015-11-26, 15:05)mrjwm2 Wrote: Fanart is different. No fanart field is available in the musicvideo database. You could scrape fanart url, but it is useless. You need to add fanart manually for it to display. Or with a scraper I have written to pair with this scraper and a few other steps, semi automatic... kinda. A heck of a lot easier than manually.

I meant that the scanner will find local fanart and poster and add it to the art table. But not store scraped URLs to remote art in the musicvideo table, correct. Artwork downloader should download the art to your local source tree if you set that in the settings (though I haven't tried it for music video) and also add it to the art table for you. Plus AD can get logos, discart and extrafanart (at least in theory).

scott s.
Hey. Thanks for your scraper, I find it stupid that MusicBrainz does not allow to scrape tags from music videos. It would be very handy for the concert DVDs I have ripped (each song with their own file).

I found one flaw of this scraper. You say that it returns the track number. I don’t see how. The sorting stays in alphabetical order even if I set it to sort with track.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mp4 music video scraper0