Noob Q: SD videos not scaling properly on DXVA AMD fusion build, Latest nightly
Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a noobish question but on my new build, with dxva turned on, 1:1 pixel ratio, all that jazz, overscan turned off in at catalyst settings, xbmc refuses to scale some of my standard definition xvids to the full size of my screen. Am I missing something?
DXVA is not for AMD. You should use VAAPI. Take a git build or use the PVR build to have VAAPI enabled. Or build one yourself from GIT...
I respectfully beg to differ Smile DXVA2 is enabled and working fine on most video. Could XBMC be changing res/refresh rate and encountering the dreaded overscan settings for different resolutions/refresh rates in Catalyst Control Center?

EDIT: To clarify, this is a Fusion build with the onboard APU. It may be the case that this is different for non APU setups.
@nikc0069,

You are right. You need to set the over/under scan setting for each refresh rate within the catalyst control centre first. That should sort your issue.

@Robitica,

DXVA2 is for both AMD & Nvidia as its DirectX Based. I'm not sure where your idea has come from. My setup is with AMD and works fine with DXVA2
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
Lister of Smeg Wrote:@nikc0069,
You are right. You need to set the over/under scan setting for each refresh rate within the catalyst control centre first. That should sort your issue.

To expand on this, if you have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" setting enabled XBMC will adjust the refresh rate to 24Hz, 25Hz, or whatever the video frame rate is when you play the video. The ATI control center helpfully sets the screen scaling separately for each refresh rate, so the screen scaling will vary depending on what video you play.

JR
How helpful of it Wink

Is there a ton to be gained by 24p? Wonder if you can do this in command line...could write a batch to help other people then.
nikc0069 Wrote:Is there a ton to be gained by 24p?

With adjusting the refresh rate you tend to get telecine judder - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine_ju...ine_judder. How much of an issue this is depends on what type of video you watch and how much you care about the judder.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob Q: SD videos not scaling properly on DXVA AMD fusion build, Latest nightly0