ATV2 can't handle what WDTv can??!
http://pastebin.com <- paste your logs there.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
the next person to mention the planet earth sample gets b̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ Princess Ponies user avatar on all their posts.
@Chianti, got the log, you have auto video scanning and thumbgen enabled. And your lib looks huge. Basically you are running out of ponies trying to do video scanning and thumbgen while trying to play a video.
davilla Wrote:@Chianti, got the log, you have auto video scanning and thumbgen enabled. And your lib looks huge. Basically you are running out of ponies trying to do video scanning and thumbgen while trying to play a video.

Davilla,

I didn't enable anything... I just installed the latest build per these instructions.

Where would I disable what you're suggesting might speed things up?

And yes, my library is roughly 17TB Smile
Chianti Wrote:Davilla,

I didn't enable anything... I just installed the latest build per these instructions.

Where would I disable what you're suggesting might speed things up?

And yes, my library is roughly 17TB Smile

system -> something. I always forget the specific locations. we have so many prefs Smile
Uncheck:
Settings -> Video -> Library -> Update library on startup
Settings -> Video -> File lists -> Extract thumbnails and video information
Ned Scott Wrote:Uncheck:
Settings -> Video -> Library -> Update library on startup
Settings -> Video -> File lists -> Extract thumbnails and video information

Or just wait until its done it all before you try and play anything Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:Or just wait until its done it all before you try and play anything Smile

Id love to, but babysitting 17tb worth of movies is more time than I can handle right now. For whatever reason on the atv2 build of xbmc, themoviedb scraper craps out pretty often with the error 'cannot connect to remote server...'. That, and every time it does successfully scrape, it checks for changes to the library before moving on to the next movie. The same config on my HTPC build checks for changes at startup and then never again until it cycled through all the movies. Bug? I don't know, but ill have to find the time to let the database build complete sooner than later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 can't handle what WDTv can??!0