[AppleTV2] (Nightly) Crash on Apple Remote Menu button hold
Rainbow 
...LOL - i thought i was the only one annoyed about this "feature"!

The ONLY reason i bought my ATV2 is to use XBMC, i don't ever need turn it off! Wink

+1 for the ability to disable it!
1. cp /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

2. apt-get install nano (or vim)

3. Edit the copied file using: nano (or other editor) /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

4. Change line 87 from: <button id="8">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</button> to <!-- <button id="8">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</button> --> That way you can uncomment it later if you want.

5. Save the file, restart XBMC and enjoy one less feature.

Note: This is untested - but should work, will update when I have time to officially test.
For what it is worth, I tested this and it still crashes.

I was looking to map back the old ContextMenu command so that I could filter by genre in my movie collection.
It doesn't crash, it quits as currently that is what holding that button is meant to do. If you see line 87 here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml on your own system in /prIvate/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/joystick.AppleRemote.xml you can change that to be
Code:
<button id="8">ContextMenu</button>
and that should be it.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] (Nightly) Crash on Apple Remote Menu button hold0