Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System
I wonder out all that has made comments here about the system actually owns one?
djashjones Wrote:I wonder out all that has made comments here about the system actually owns one?
i doubt it! they just threw bombshell in here by how it looks, spec and some might have tried it the local retailer. they cannot backup their claim either. as most audio enthusiastic will tell you, speaker placement and calibration can make a world of different. another word, what they listened in retailer show room isn't the same as when it is in somebody bedroom, den, etc.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This looks perfect for what I have been wanting. I was planning on a typical $300 HT in a box with blueray player / AVR. But this looks so much better. Blueray, since the receiver is built into the sub, does this mean the sub needs to be viewable for IR signals? I don't really have any room by the entertainment center, so the sub would need to be in the rear of the room. But the idea of having to point my remote in the far corner does not appeal.

Thanks.
ghart999 Wrote:This looks perfect for what I have been wanting. I was planning on a typical $300 HT in a box with blueray player / AVR. But this looks so much better. Blueray, since the receiver is built into the sub, does this mean the sub needs to be viewable for IR signals? I don't really have any room by the entertainment center, so the sub would need to be in the rear of the room. But the idea of having to point my remote in the far corner does not appeal.

Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure what type of IR it has for "Pre-Pro/Learning Remote" option in their spec. You might want to give Onkyo a call to confirm it. Smile
With the existing remote can you point wherever or is it still line of sight dependent?
with mine the arm of sofa blocks the line of sight but it still works Smile
Good to know. I may just use an IR extender if need be.
I went ahead and ordered this setup. I just wish the 3 remaining channels were available in the US though.
Does anyone have recommendations for the 3 extra channels to make this a complete 5.1 system? I mean its impossible to the the extra speakers in the U.S., and buying from Europe is insanely pricey. Being that the amp is for 6 ohm speakers it is very limited with what might work. But I'd love to hear about other solutions people have come up with.
ghart999 Wrote:Does anyone have recommendations for the 3 extra channels to make this a complete 5.1 system? I mean its impossible to the the extra speakers in the U.S., and buying from Europe is insanely pricey. Being that the amp is for 6 ohm speakers it is very limited with what might work. But I'd love to hear about other solutions people have come up with.
Sorry for the late reply, you can find the 3 matching surround speakers in post #1.
Shipping from the link in post 1 is $170. Yes $170 for a 20 lb box from England. Hence the reason I was looking for somewhere to purchase within the U.S.

It is ridiculous that Onkyo doesn't sell these in the U.S.
ghart999 Wrote:Shipping from the link in post 1 is $170. Yes $170 for a 20 lb box from England. Hence the reason I was looking for somewhere to purchase within the U.S.

It is ridiculous that Onkyo doesn't sell these in the U.S.
Or you can install these 5 matching speakers for $140 shipped- Polk Audio RM75 5CH High Performance 5 Piece Surround System.
bluray Wrote:Or you can install these 5 matching speakers for $140 shipped- Polk Audio RM75 5CH High Performance 5 Piece Surround System.

they are not 6 ohms!
djashjones Wrote:they are not 6 ohms!
You'll be fine going from 6 ohms to 8 ohms as long as not 8 ohms to 6 ohms! Smile
bluray Wrote:You'll be fine going from 6 ohms to 8 ohms as long as not 8 ohms to 6 ohms! Smile

Ah so a 6 ohm amp can drive 8 ohms speakersHuh Excellent. Wish I could find a 3 channel setup to avoid the overpay on the 2 extras.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System0