Help for a newbie
Hi there, I'm new to XBMC, getting it set up at about 11pm last night. Had a reasonable time hunting around the menus, and I've read a lot of the wiki, but obviously I have a lot to do yet to get it set up!

I'm torn between Confluence and something more minimalist - eg Neon, however a few questions here might help me stick with Confluence.

Films
  • I love the fan art type view for films.
    I currently have it set so that the list of movies are along the bottom, and then the fan art fills the screen. So far so good, looks great. However, can it be changed so that this displays two rows of thumbnails? I have a large film collection and it'll only grow as I rip more of my discs. I don't have a massive TV, so two/three rows are probably my max (if its possible).
  • I've also seen some great looking screenshots where the selected film has info on the screen.
    Including genres, a plot, actors, ratings, etc, and it looks great. How do I go about setting this kind of thing up? I'm using the IMDB.com scraper and it appeared to find all my films without much trouble, but I can't seem to get/display info?

TV
  • I cannot get the fan art "view" to work in TV.
    Fan art displays behind the list, but I can only get list/large list/thumbnails/banners. I'd love the same kind of setup as above, where I have one/two/three rows of thumbnails with info about the currently highlighted show in the main window and fan art behind.

Music
  • Visualisations
    How does one go about changing these? I'm really not keen on the default visualisations and would prefer something significantly more minimal; maybe with the album cover in one corner of the screen, current song, current album, playtime, and not a huge amount more.
  • Music scraping seems...poor so far.
    I'm using the default music scraper; and part of the problem is that I have a huge music collection. It's set up like thus: Artist > Album. And for whatever reason a lot of info doesn't seem to have been scraped.
  • I'd like a similar set up with my music to the TV.
    I'm not massively bothered about copious amounts of information, but I'd like genre, year, that kind of information on the currently selected folder/artist.
  • I've seen people who have fan art on their top group folders.
    Eg Dave Mustaine in full glory when highlighting the Megadeth top folder. Is that doable from this scraper or do I need a more indepth one?

Think thats it for now, as I haven't had a lot of time to play about with it. TIA!
Ive been using XBMC for about 4 month now. I agree with the TV and Music scrapers. But resist making any major changes yet and just get to know the program. Some of the Skins still are in Beta and have bugs. The program has a learning curve and you don't want to screw it up and have to reinstall. Which reminds me back up you library often. So when you reinstall you don't have to re scrape the whole thing
Heyyyy and welcome...

Quote:I've also seen some great looking screenshots where the selected film has info on the screen.
Including genres, a plot, actors, ratings, etc, and it looks great. How do I go about setting this kind of thing up? I'm using the IMDB.com scraper and it appeared to find all my films without much trouble, but I can't seem to get/display info?

Something like this:

You can set a lighter background so that fanart is visible

Quote:I cannot get the fan art "view" to work in TV.
You have to edit the file for the view and must append to to visible-condition for "Container.Content()" the tvshows/seasons

Quote:Visualisations
How does one go about changing these? I'm really not keen on the default visualisations and would prefer something significantly more minimal; maybe with the album cover in one corner of the screen, current song, current album, playtime, and not a huge amount more.

Artist logo and the spinning cd can be disabled...just press "tab" while playing music

Quote:Eg Dave Mustaine in full glory when highlighting the Megadeth top folder. Is that doable from this scraper or do I need a more indepth one?

This is doable...it's simply scraping the artist info with a fanart...it should be displayed automatically if available

hope this helps...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thanks for your input Max.

How would I go about that music view, but with the fan art faded out almost completely (eg 20% opacity), as thats almost what I'm after!

And i'm scraping using LastFM, but can't seem to get any fan art displayed for music.
kitsunegari Wrote:How would I go about that music view, but with the fan art faded out almost completely (eg 20% opacity), as thats almost what I'm after!

You might play a bit with the controls in 720p/MusicVisualization.xml
There you can set fanart and everything else needed...

If you need help, just gimme a hit...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for a newbie0