preEDEN HD Audio Help
eskro Wrote:interesting thread here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=...ch&page=42

.....reading!!
im reading this here

Quote:on your AVR, Make sure that in the audio setup you have the DDTHD and DTSHD set to BITSTREAM,
below that the SECONDARY AUDIO OUTPUT to OFF.
On the receiver set it to Stream Direct/Auto Surround.
eskro Wrote:interesting thread here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=...ch&page=42
that is exactly what i thought all along about pioneer avr, because i and others that can bitstream dts-hd own other avr brands.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
eskro Wrote:im reading this here

Quote:
on your AVR, Make sure that in the audio setup you have the DDTHD and DTSHD set to BITSTREAM,
below that the SECONDARY AUDIO OUTPUT to OFF.
On the receiver set it to Stream Direct/Auto Surround.
i don't have a clue to what that quote is referring to!
eskro Wrote:im reading this here

Okay guys.. I'm tapped out! Eskro, I tried all renderer methods..no go! I have no options on my AVR to tweak audio codecs specifically so There is no way for me to deal with DTS or DD to set to bit streaming.

The Doom9 forum is pretty interesting but I notice that the posts are over a year old and in post#840 the guys is describing his problem within MPC-hc and saying that PowerDVD works for him. a few other guys were desribing their problem when they use ffdshow. Well, MPC-hc/ffdshow must have addressed this issue since then since I can use it to bitstream DTSMA currently
CpTHOOK Wrote:Okay guys.. I'm tapped out! Eskro, I tried all renderer methods..no go! I have no options on my AVR to tweak audio codecs specifically so There is no way for me to deal with DTS or DD to set to bit streaming.

The Doom9 forum is pretty interesting but I notice that the posts are over a year old and in post#840 the guys is describing his problem within MPC-hc and saying that PowerDVD works for him. a few other guys were desribing their problem when they use ffdshow. Well, MPC-hc/ffdshow must have addressed this issue since then since I can use it to bitstream DTSMA currently
sorry to say this- since there is no way to add external codec to xbmc, you might not have a choice but to use external player.

this is one main reason why i replaced my $1200 pioneer elite avr with a cheaper $550 network onkyo avr for better options a couple years ago!
Hey Bluray;

Managed to get the Zotac AD10 working with XBMC almost perfect. The only thing I did different with this install was I ran Windows update. I usually find Windows update, although necessary, slows down a system a touch. Considering it was for a HTPC and security wasn't a major issue I felt it better to forgo the update. Well it actually makes quite a significant difference in performance...who knewHuh

Now I have a new issue. Once again, I know it is something I did...as usual. All my MKVs all played fine on my WD HD Live. The Zotac AD10 did not do this during the other 2 full installs. I have a Denon AVR 1911 with Kilpsch 7.1 speakers, basic setup, nothing fancy, no special settings.

I was playing a 720p DTS MKVs and as soon as the movie started my speakers let out this loud popping sound over and over. I just about shit myself. It almost sounded electrical. Pretty confident this is the infamous "popping" sound I have heard about in some other HT forms. Fearing I blew a speaker or my receiver, I ran a speaker test MKV and all was fine. Then dopey did it again...so it wasn't just a fluke occurence.

After I installed XBMC 10.1 and XBMC_HD_Audio, I was getting sound for DTS-HD MA from MKVs, but no sound from DVD VOB rip folders or AVIs. In an attempt to remedy this I configured my speakers in control pannel to 7.1 and set XBMC Passthrough output device from default to the only option I have AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition...). I get sound for DVD rips, AVIs and am very happy with the performance of 1080p now, but just this popping. Not sure if it is due to Windows update, or the above two settings. Unfortunately XBMC will not let me switch passthrough back to default.

Probably gonna just dump XBMC and reinstall, unless someone has expereinced this before and can shed some light.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
preEDEN HD Audio Help0