Items Removed from Library Return
So I've used XBMC before now, but just getting back to it, and I'm having some issues. The biggest issue is that when I remove an item from the library, but don't delete it, it comes right back after update on startup runs. I have gone through to clean library, but it doesn't work and the items stay. I don't want to delete these files, I just don't want them showing up in XBMC.

Any help is appreciated!
As long as you keep the items (I'm assuming movies) in the same folder it will continue to show up in the library because when you set it to update on start up it will scan the folder for any new files and bring back everything in that folder. Why don't you move the items into a new folder that xbmc is not sourcing to since you don't want it to show up in xbmc. Make sure you clen up in xbmc after you remove the items.
XBMC 10.1 + sabnzbd + couch potato + sickbeard + xbmc constellation = priceless
The problem with that is that the machine I have isn't just for XBMC. The XBMC part of it will be for me to use in my room where I can easily play 1080p files through the HDMI, however the computer is also used to stream files to numerous other devices sometimes over 4G so it makes sense to keep those movies in standard definition formats to avoid transcoding. I'd like to have XBMC ignore SD movies if an HD copy is available.
drewsteriam5 Wrote:The problem with that is that the machine I have isn't just for XBMC. The XBMC part of it will be for me to use in my room where I can easily play 1080p files through the HDMI, however the computer is also used to stream files to numerous other devices sometimes over 4G so it makes sense to keep those movies in standard definition formats to avoid transcoding. I'd like to have XBMC ignore SD movies if an HD copy is available.

Or, simply disable automatic library updates, and scan new stuff in manually, as you see fit.
That is actually probably a better idea for me. My library doesn't grow too fast that I can't manage it. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Items Removed from Library Return0