How do I update iTunes on an Apple TV
Presumably if I select update software, then this will update the ios to 5 from 4.3.

How do I just update iTunes to the latest ?

Thanks.
You do not get to pick and choose which versions of itunes run on the atv2. That is intimately tied to the iOS version.
in a particular operation that I am executing, the instructions are to "make sure that you are running the latest version of itunes". I assume that in performing a software update on the ATV, that this would bring in ios5 ?
in itunes on the top, go to Help then select check for updates, this will then pull the latest version of itunes
"make sure that you are running the latest version of itunes", that suggests to me that you should make sure you are running the latest version of itunes on your osx/win box. you could never update individual components on the atv1 or atv2.
fishypops Wrote:Presumably if I select update software, then this will update the ios to 5 from 4.3.

How do I just update iTunes to the latest ?

Thanks.

If you mean selecting update software on the ATV2, this will update the iOS and/or Apple TV Software versions. Not every update increments the iOS version but they'll always increment the Apple TV Software version.

If you mean on your Mac, running Software Update will update the software on your Mac (including iTunes), but not your iOS devices. Inside iTunes, when your iOS device is connected, you can update their iOS versions there.

I've updated the Jailbreak FAQ to say update iTunes on your computer, since technically the iOS devices don't run iTunes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I update iTunes on an Apple TV0