cant ssh into apple tv
Hi Guys

I have had this before, and somebody told me the command but I cant find it on the forum but how do I get rid of this im sure it was a simple command

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
bf:aa:af:31:cb:9a:09:7a:ca:8a:23:9f:6d:af:dd:ec.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/paulkaielder/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/paulkaielder/.ssh/known_hosts:5
RSA host key for 192.168.0.34 has changed and you have requested strict checking.

Paul Huh
There's a proper way to do it, but you can "sudo ssh" in to force it.
cheers Ned that worked but when it comes up with password and I enter in alpine it says sorry try again, any ideas
Paulkai Wrote:cheers Ned that worked but when it comes up with password and I enter in alpine it says sorry try again, any ideas

The first time it asks for password you need to put in the password for your computer you are SSHing from.
Can anybody remember the way to clear the atv tv so I can ssh in. Ned kindly told me how to do it by doing sudo ssh but it is know longer working, I remember on finder you right click then connect to the server but I cant remember what to do after that

Paul
In the past when I have changed my atv2 with a friends at the same ip, I have got the message you have, obviously since the key had changed. I have used cyberduck to sftp in. After that I have been able to re-use terminal to ssh in again.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Open up a terminal and type
nano /Users/paulkaielder/.ssh/known_hosts

Goto line 5 and delete it.

Alternatively you can just do
rm /Users/paulkaielder/.ssh/known_hosts
And that will reset all your ssh keys
Thanks Prophetvx

You are a star, that did the trick

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant ssh into apple tv0