Movies category
While using library mode, is there a way to have a level under "movies" so I can split my movies from the kids? at the moment the movies are in separate folders on the drive and I understand why they are all appearing under movies in library mode, I just want know if there is a way to categories them. I thought of maybe using genre but not exactly what i want.

TIA.
I would also love this. So that my kids can enter an library function with just kids movies... an so that no kids movies show up in the normal library...
Have a look into profiles. Not exactly what you are looking for but it will serve.
Profiles or just make two folders/video sources and use the file view with metadata showing (makes it the same as library view)
doczim Wrote:While using library mode, is there a way to have a level under "movies" so I can split my movies from the kids? at the moment the movies are in separate folders on the drive and I understand why they are all appearing under movies in library mode, I just want know if there is a way to categories them. I thought of maybe using genre but not exactly what i want.

TIA.

You could use smart playlists, sorting them file folder location, then add both the "Movies" and "Kid Movies" to your main menu.
I thought I've seen instructions on how to make playlist or shortcuts so the kids could have their own movies library. Pretty much the same scenario you are looking for.

It's possible the discussion happened outside of the ATV2 specific forum. So make sure to search the entire forum.
dazex Wrote:I thought I've seen instructions on how to make playlist or shortcuts so the kids could have their own movies library. Pretty much the same scenario you are looking for.

It's possible the discussion happened outside of the ATV2 specific forum. So make sure to search the entire forum.

thanks for the suggestions . I found the following post which spelt it out and with a youtube demo if anyone is interested.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=865981&postcount=4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies category0