New XBMC - Bluray playback?
Is the new version of XBMC going to be able to play bluray discs back?

As the current version you have to install third party software and it plays it externally?

Yet you can play DVD discs fine, I assume maybe due to it being new tech or some sort of copyright law?

Thanks in advance
chrisuk11 Wrote:Is the new version of XBMC going to be able to play bluray discs back?
you can try this version- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd. it'll playback bd index.bdmv directly on bd-rom without external player.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
No version of XBMC can play retail bluray discs without an external player due to drm/licensing and it probably never will, unless something like libbdplus is actually released.

An unencrypted bluray iso/folder/disc will play just fine, without menus though. I think index.bdmv support was added after 10.1 so you might need to use the nightlies for that.
0wing Wrote:No version of XBMC can play retail bluray discs without an external player due to drm/licensing.

An unencrypted bluray iso/folder/disc will play just fine, without menus though, in the nightly builds (I don't remember how well it worked in 10.1).
that is not true because i use the stuff in post #2 to playback bd index.bdmv directly on bd-rom without external player fine. it can playback bd (iso, m2ts, mkv, etc) files in full 1080p with dts-hd and truehd audio fine too.
bluray Wrote:that is not true because i use the stuff in post #2 to playback bd index.bdmv directly on bd-rom without external player fine. it can playback bd (iso, m2ts, mkv, etc) files in full 1080p with dts-hd and truehd audio fine too.

READ what I posted please.

0wing Wrote:No version of XBMC can play retail bluray discs without an external player due to drm/licensing and it probably never will, unless something like libbdplus is actually released.

An unencrypted bluray iso/folder/disc will play just fine, without menus though, in the nightly builds (I don't remember how well it worked in 10.1).

Though you can use AnyDVD to decrypt a disc on the fly (I think at least, there was a thread about it from a long time ago).

Oh and btw, I noticed after posting that your guide doesn't mention using AnyDVD, so your guide doesn't enable someone to play encrypted discs.
0wing Wrote:READ what I posted please.
i read it!

0wing Wrote:Though you can use AnyDVD to decrypt a disc on the fly (I think at least, there was a thread about it from a long time ago).

Oh and btw, I noticed after posting that your guide doesn't mention using AnyDVD, so your guide doesn't enable someone to play encrypted discs.
i didn't include it on purpose, because almost all xbmc users ripped their bd one way or another. they are smart enough to have at least a free DVDFab Passkey Lite, and most have AnyDVD HD™ in the background. they're smart enough to know that bd is highly encrypted!
bluray Wrote:i read it!

Then please tell me why you responded to my post like you did if you read it?
0wing Wrote:Then please tell me why you responded to my post like you did if you read it?
it's proper replied!
Ok I'm done with this brick wall. I've never come across someone so incapable of understanding and admitting his own mistakes.
0wing Wrote:Ok I'm done with this brick wall. I've never come across someone so incapable of understanding and admitting his own mistakes.
what mistake?
0wing Wrote:Ok I'm done with this brick wall. I've never come across someone so incapable of understanding and admitting his own mistakes.
what mistake? my response is to your original response. if you keep edited your response #3 after my response, of course it may appear that i don't read your messages.
bluray Wrote:what mistake? my response is to your original response. if you keep edited your response #3 after my response, of course it may appear that i don't read your messages.

You claimed that what I said wasn't true.

I said that you can't play retail bluray discs, but you can play decrypted iso/folder/disc.

How are you not wrong, when you say that statement isn't true?

And the edits was just to add the part about libbdplus and the part about nightlies/Dharma.
When people ask about playing Bluray, they generally mean retail discs straight from the optical drive.

In fact the OP specifically said Bluray discs so that was my understanding of his question.
What a sad tragedy this thread is...

The OP asked a question, and two members, in an attempt to answer, hijack the entire thread with personal exchanges of a rather nasty tone for at least a page.

0wing, would it not be possible for someone to read your post and not understand every implication entirely? It is fairly obvious to me that this is what happened.

Both of you should forget about one another and apologize to the OP for destroying this thread.

The whole thing reflects badly on this community. Please check yourselves, and move it to the private message system if you insist on continuing.
voochi Wrote:When people ask about playing Bluray, they generally mean retail discs straight from the optical drive.

In fact the OP specifically said Bluray discs so that was my understanding of his question.
if you follow my link in #2, you can playback retail bd straight from bd-rom by select index.bdmv. yes, i did left out bd decrypter in the guide intentionally. as you can see, there are nearly 300 posts in the thread and no one has any problem or mentioned anything about not able to playback decrypted file. most of us come in here look for freeware. i wrote the guide base on free solution. if you want free solution, you can give the guide in post #2 a shot.

to op, i'm very sorry bud for taking up space in your thread!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC - Bluray playback?0