Adding to library, continually stopping when can't access server ?
Hi there,

Just upgraded to Eden on a new atv2. I went to scan all my library in to xbmc, which is easy to do, however, it kept coming up with a screen saying that it could not access the server. I'm guessing it was getting timeouts from imdb of some sort. I would hit Yes to continue scanning and it would be fine.

However, there was no way to say Yes to All, and let it just timeout on the ones it failed on and to keep going.

Any way to do this, or any thoughts on adding this function ?

Thanks,

Roy
Upgrade to nightlies. See stickies.
I am running the nightly. The last one in fact. Could you point me to the sticky ?

Thanks,
Roy
A few more people have reported problems on IRC. Not sure yet if it's the scraper websites that are having problems or if it's XBMC. I'll try to find out what I can (I'm away from my jailbroken iOS devices at the moment, so I can't test directly)
I added an advancedsettings.xml with the following

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos -->
</videoscanner>

that stops the error from appearing and just continues on scanning. Handy when you have to rescan your entire library. just leave it for a few hours and done.

more info on the advancedsettings.xml here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
whoa, that worked like a charm. that error was driving me crazy. i've searched all over the forum and the wiki and couldn't fine a solution. you da man.
thx
I think this is the first time I've ever been thanked on the internet, I feel chuffed :p
jj702 Wrote:I added an advancedsettings.xml with the following

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos -->
</videoscanner>

that stops the error from appearing and just continues on scanning. Handy when you have to rescan your entire library. just leave it for a few hours and done.

more info on the advancedsettings.xml here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

This needs to be added to the wiki!! Thanks for the tip Big Grin
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:This needs to be added to the wiki!! Thanks for the tip Big Grin

It is from the wiki Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding to library, continually stopping when can't access server ?0