24hz thing?
Panasonic 65VT30 ohhhh yesss Nod

you already owe this baby ?

how is picturequality ?
So I have a question about getting 24 Hz for true 1080p24 on my HTPC... is all I need to do is to make sure my gpu settings are set to only send 24 Hz to my TV/projector in the Nvidia Control Panel or is there anything else I should do?
QLink Wrote:Panasonic 65VT30 ohhhh yesss Nod

you already owe this baby ?

how is picturequality ?

Can't say for the VT30, but the G25 is really nice! Big Grin
voip-ninja Wrote:I have hardware acceleration disabled.
Adjust refresh rate to match video - YES
Sync playback to display - Yes.
AV Sync method - Resample audio.

I don't even remember "allowed error in aspect ratio" and I believe I never turned on video post processing.

It is connected via HDMI to my Yamaha RXV-1800 and then on to my Panasonic 65VT30.

Are you seeing the frame drop count go up when you pull up the stats window during playback or do you believe that you are seeing frame drops even though they might not be incrementing there?

Ok great my settings were a bit different so will see how that go's.

Didnt notice any frame drops it was more as soon as i played a movie it dropped maybe 10 frames then would very occasionally drop one every now and again. To be honest it wouldnt even bother me but if I can tinker it like urs and not have any drops it will be great.

Will report back with results!
Kapz786 Wrote:Ok great my settings were a bit different so will see how that go's.

Didnt notice any frame drops it was more as soon as i played a movie it dropped maybe 10 frames then would very occasionally drop one every now and again. To be honest it wouldnt even bother me but if I can tinker it like urs and not have any drops it will be great.

Will report back with results!

Please do. With refresh rate set to switch, etc, there will always be some dropped frames at the beginning of playback, regardless of video card used.

But you should be able to get it so that you are no longer getting drops during playback... I was able to. I suppose that the AVR/TV combination can also factor into this.
It is refreshing to see some reasonable discussion surrounding the whole 24fps issue. I have been shocked and disappointed to see so many people on this forum - many of whom have probably never even seen for themselves (live and in-person) a single second of video playback from an Intel iGPU - complaining about the infamous 24fps problem and telling people to steer away from that hardware.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Well, in fairness, without using the sync features in XBMC, or an application like "reclock", the Intel solution does not output 23.976 perfectly, there will be frame drops. People have every right to complain as long as they understand that there are "fixes" for this that work quite well.
One other very important setting I had failed to mention earlier

Do not fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen. It screws crap up.
reta Wrote:So I have a question about getting 24 Hz for true 1080p24 on my HTPC... is all I need to do is to make sure my gpu settings are set to only send 24 Hz to my TV/projector in the Nvidia Control Panel or is there anything else I should do?

I would leave the Nvidia refresh rate at 60hz otherwise the XBMC gui isn't very smooth. You just want to select the option in the XBMC video settings to 'adjust display refresh rate to match video'. That will enable 24p only during video playback.

If I am incorrect hopefully someone will jump in an correct me.
Mallet21 Wrote:I would leave the Nvidia refresh rate at 60hz otherwise the XBMC gui isn't very smooth. You just want to select the option in the XBMC video settings to 'adjust display refresh rate to match video'. That will enable 24p only during video playback.

If I am incorrect hopefully someone will jump in an correct me.

I agree, setting 24Hz for the GUI display is jerky and annoying.

Leave it at 60Hz and do what Mallet said, and everything will look great.

-Wes
voip-ninja Wrote:Please do. With refresh rate set to switch, etc, there will always be some dropped frames at the beginning of playback, regardless of video card used.

But you should be able to get it so that you are no longer getting drops during playback... I was able to. I suppose that the AVR/TV combination can also factor into this.

Ah ok i suspect my initial concern with dropped frames will be the refresh rate option as there is certainly no noticeable increase during playback only upon the stats pulldown during initial playback

Also any reasoning behind disabling hardware accelaration? Pro's and Con's for On/Off?
Kapz786 Wrote:Ah ok i suspect my initial concern with dropped frames will be the refresh rate option as there is certainly no noticeable increase during playback only upon the stats pulldown during initial playback

Also any reasoning behind disabling hardware accelaration? Pro's and Con's for On/Off?

Yes, disable it because it is not supported and will cause video corruption with some video codecs.

The i3 is more than capable of doing all decoding with software, so there is no advantage to turning hardware acceleration on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24hz thing?0