[DEAL] MSI GT430 (Fermi) $25 AR + shipping
Beer40oz Wrote:Yay! it will be here Wednesday! Wohooo! for 3d, bitstreaming dts-hd/truehd, smoother playback...!

Congrats on upgrade, welcome to cat6/7..Wink
This card looks thicker than most low profile ones, MSI lists is as 34 mm. Anyone know if it'll fit into a Antec ISK310-150 case?
im sure it does...
but 150W might be a bit short to power your system...
eskro Wrote:im sure it does...
but 150W might be a bit short to power your system...

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll be running a ASRock H67M-ITX and G530, you think adding the GT430 will over draw 150W?
Comparing to your G620 reply, does the G530 use that much more power than a G620?

Edit:
Looking at this review, the difference between G540 and G620 power consumption is negligible.
150W might be a bit 'limit'
It may be close but if all you're running is the MB + G530 + GT430 + SSD then I think that you'd be ok with a 150w psu.

BTW - I just could not resist a deal like this myself so I orderd one of these. I don't really need it but what the hell for only $25 you can't hardly go wrong.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
jonoff Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll be running a ASRock H67M-ITX and G530, you think adding the GT430 will over draw 150W?
Comparing to your G620 reply, does the G530 use that much more power than a G620?

Edit:
Looking at this review, the difference between G540 and G620 power consumption is negligible.
it's a stretch to run g530 and gt430 with 150w psu (G530 Power Consumption + GT430 Power Consumption). i'm sure you'll find something to connect to it later too. i would go for 250w psu!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
The problem with review sites is that they often don't do a very good job of testing power consumption with a real-world HTPC configuration.

For example, the x-bitlabs review of the G540 linked above published power consumption numbers with an ATI Radeon HD 6970 and 880w PSU installed in the system! The advertised TDP of the HD6970 is 250w and the GT430 is 49w. Now I don't think that TDP is a very good way to estimate actual power consumption (it is usually an overestimate) but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that the GT430 would use way less power than the HD6970. Even so, at 100% CPU load the G540 had a total system power draw of 70 watts even with that beast of a GPU idling in there.

Let's try this another way, let's just total up TDPs (which as I already said is probably an overestimate)...

G530 = 65w
GT430 = 49w

Total = 114w

That leaves 36w for the MB and SSD. Like I said before, it might be close but you should be fine. Especially since the G530 won't even come close to actually drawing 65w at full load. Again we are talking about a full CPU & GPU condition. How often do you think you're going to even be in that state?

I'd be willing to bet money that a G530 + GT430 + MB + SSD + picoPSU would not draw more than 120w at full CPU & GPU load. Cool
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
wsume99 Wrote:I'd be willing to bet money that a G530 + GT430 + MB + SSD + picoPSU would not draw more than 120w at full CPU & GPU load. Cool
you can give it a shot. if there is any problem, you can always upgrade it to higher wattage psu. for me, i preferred slightly higher wattage psu when i build pc.
Well here it is...
Pretty sweet.... the fan noise is not loud it's at 50% from factory I guess I can download the MSI after bunner software and adjust the speed down more.

Giving me 36C idle and a 20gig 1080P vid at 41C

Beer40oz Wrote:Image
is it just me...why is everything seem to sit side way in that case?
LOL... its the angle I took the pic.... its straight up.... Smile
Beer40oz Wrote:i can download the MSI after bunner software and adjust the speed down more

tell us if it works!
Beer40oz Wrote:LOL... its the angle I took the pic.... its straight up.... Smile
let me ask you this...is msi gpu hdmi on the left side of the case or on the back of the case? on that photo the gpu seem to cross the bd-rom, and the bd-rom is facing the front of the case. Huh
bluray Wrote:let me ask you this...is msi gpu hdmi on the left side of the case or on the back of the case? on that photo the gpu seem to cross the bd-rom, and the bd-rom is facing the front of the case. Huh

Indeed. Seems like an odd case.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAL] MSI GT430 (Fermi) $25 AR + shipping0