Is it possible to install a skin only through SSH?
dazex Wrote:For a quick test, you can try putting my guisettings.xml onto your ATV2. Then restart XBMC and see if confluence gets loaded up properly. Post another pastebin of your xbmc.log and let's see what's going on.

http://pastebin.com/yCfgtntW

Loading your XML fixed it. Is there any way to figure out how mine got changed and how Touched got on there?

This is the log from after adding your XML file: http://pastebin.com/uQaNcr3p

Jezz_X Wrote:It could be that he is using one one the builds that was screwed up and set touched as the default skin on ATV as well as iPad but that was fixed a while ago now

I remember reading about that, but I believe it was fixed in the build I installed. I got my ATV2 ~2-3 weeks ago and installed the most up to date stable build. Or could it have only been fixed in the nightlies?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I went combing through the files to see what I did wrong, and it turns out I installed a Nightlie right before resetting the network. So I'm 99% sure that is the issue.
Just update your XBMC. There was a nightly build (or two) where the default skin was set to the iPad one by accident.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:Just update your XBMC. There was a nightly build (or two) where the default skin was set to the iPad one by accident.

I did just that. Everything seems to be back to normal. Does installing a new build overwrite the user settings? Is it safe to assume the gui xml was rewritten? Or is it possible that dazex's file is still there?
I think (could be wrong here) but the gui xml is replaced but user settings defiantly stay intact.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Remember the two locations we touched upon earlier?

XBMC app installed to here. /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/

System data, system skins, system scripts, system plugins, etc... is installed in the directory beneath it:
i.e. System addon directory: /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/

That XBMC.frappliance directory gets wiped out whenever we update the XBMC builds.

Now, your user customizations, user skin, user plugins, etc...are created here:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Those user customizations get maintained across upgrades. That's why it's important to upload your skins and plugins or custom remote mapping to the addon or userdata directories underneath that.

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

So, to answer your question. The guisettings.xml files exist here: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

That means even if you updated to a newer build of XBMC, the customization you made is still there. And if you're still using my xml file, then it's still in use. Even on the new build you upgraded to.

You can just delete the guisettings.xml file and XBMC will recreate it. You won't have that problem with the Touched skin trying to be the default now that you upgraded to a build without that problem.

If you want to completely start over. Getting rid of your settings, library, etc. Then just delete the appropriate folder. In this case:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Hope that makes sense.

So the

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to install a skin only through SSH?0