ATV 2 XBMC crashing on load up
I bet your sql server doesn't crash or get turned off at random intervals. But it is also a numbers game. There are so many more people not using external dbs.

For the record I have never had a problem but I update often and never turn it off.

Memphiz Wrote:No clue. But it seems to happen only to users which use the internal sqlite db. I'm using a central mysql server and haven't experienced corruption.
g-off Wrote:I bet your sql server doesn't crash or get turned off at random intervals. But it is also a numbers game. There are so many more people not using external dbs.

For the record I have never had a problem but I update often and never turn it off.

It could even be a JB problem (you remember the problem where rm -rf doesn't work on atv2 and ios 4.3 - don't know what else this problem could influence). My mysql server goes down whenever i power off my cinema stuff (though you are right - it doesn't crash). Its on a dockstar with debian ... i even don't shutdown it - just switch off power.

So i think its something with sqlite in general (which other plattforms should report too then) or with the JB or with <insert possible cause here> Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Gabhan Wrote:Is there a HOW-TO or FAQ on using an alternate SQL database location. I'd love to give this a try and centralise my database across multiple ATV2s but couldn't find anything describing how this could be done and the benefits / drawbacks..

The lifehacker one is from last year, but I believe the instructions haven't changed: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house
Memphiz Wrote:It could even be a JB problem (you remember the problem where rm -rf doesn't work on atv2 and ios 4.3 - don't know what else this problem could influence). My mysql server goes down whenever i power off my cinema stuff (though you are right - it doesn't crash). Its on a dockstar with debian ... i even don't shutdown it - just switch off power.

So i think its something with sqlite in general (which other plattforms should report too then) or with the JB or with <insert possible cause here> Smile

I have seen logs where sqlite was reporting fields missing. There might even be problems where people have ctrl-c their updates because they thought it was hung but still updating database structures (i assume this happens during the package update)

Oh well, soon there will be new problems with the new firmware and jailbreaks.

You must really get a buzz from making things work, to do what you do with xbmc Big Grin

Keep up the good work
g-off Wrote:Exit from XBMC
You already know how to ssh into the ATV2.
Paste this command into the prompt
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*

it will delete the xbmc databases. Restart xbmc and it will make new ones with no data in them. You will then need to rescan/update your library again. Scraping is the process of extracting the data from your media and online databases to build the library.

Thanks again for the help.
Havent been at home yet to try it out since ou posted it but should have it sorted this evening.

Thanks to all for the taking the time to reply. Its much appreciated.
Ned Scott Wrote:The lifehacker one is from last year, but I believe the instructions haven't changed: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house

Thanks - that's a project for tonight so Smile

Update -> Worked perfectly first time - thanks for the link Big Grin
Just to report Im back up and running again.Big Grin
I have another problem I hope you guys can help me with.
XBMC has become a little bit glitchy, scraper acting up the odd time etc. so I checked for updates in Nito TV and there are some available.

However when I try to update it fails, with an error 28 lack of space.

Ive no idea whats eating up the disk space on ATV2 and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of how whats using all the space and how to free it up. The disk is showing as full:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 750M 406M 338M 55% /
devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.7G 6.7G 12M 100% /private/var

Heres the log:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbpe2tco59yqtke
Try this out for size and see what turns up:
Code:
find /private/var -size +100000

There are probably cached files from apple or icefilms choking it up.

adox Wrote:I have another problem I hope you guys can help me with.
XBMC has become a little bit glitchy, scraper acting up the odd time etc. so I checked for updates in Nito TV and there are some available.

However when I try to update it fails, with an error 28 lack of space.

Ive no idea whats eating up the disk space on ATV2 and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of how whats using all the space and how to free it up. The disk is showing as full:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 750M 406M 338M 55% /
devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.7G 6.7G 12M 100% /private/var

Heres the log:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbpe2tco59yqtke
Thanks g-off.

Came up with this:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental/CachedMedia-0vpHp5
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental/CachedMedia-5pBpiS
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental/CachedMedia-RqA5xr
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/skin.aeon.nox-1.3.0.zip
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/skin.back-row-3.4.5.zip
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/skin.night-1.4.7.zip
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/skin.night-1.5.0.zip
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/skin.simplicity-2.0.0.zip
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.simplicity/media/Textures.xbt

Went in to the local and rental and cleared any larger cached files which seems to have cleared over 3GB in space. Anything below 30mb I left for the time being. Could clear them all out to free up the space?

If I`m reading the above right, it looks likes theres a few skins I tried in the early days that are still hanging around and could be cleared?
You can delete those zip files if they are already installed.

You should be able to delete the apple cached stuff. if it is needed it will be downloaded again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 2 XBMC crashing on load up0