XBMC: Linux vs Live version?
Hey.

I have planned to get XBMC Live or Linux version on my HTPC.

Currently i'm running Windows 7. But read somewhere that XBMC will run way smoother on Linux. - And currently im not completely satisfied with the overall speed of XBMC (Specially the smoothnes / speed of fast scrolling in coverflow mode / Landscape mode in Alaska theme. - I wan't the coverart / fanart to be shown without lag)

I have no skills at all regarding Linux. But i think i could manage to follow a guide.

However the XBMC Live version, is very easy to "Install", but i don't know how the performance is compared to the installed Linux version?

By the way, i have just bought an SSD HDD for the HTPC. And the only prupose for this HTPC is to be running XBMC. So i need to decide which version to go for?

I plan to run the Alaska Theme, and since it's the only theme i like - then i would prefer it running on Linux / Live to. Is this possible?

Please help.. Smile
live will be quicker then Linux + XBMC.

I would use your new HDD and give Live a whirl, you can install and configure it to your tastes (skin etc...) and see how it runbs, it will take about 10 minutes (if that)
if you JUST want an XBMC Machine, get OpenELEC.tv.

If you know Linux, bare install + installing XBMC by yourself is MUCH better IMHO.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:if you JUST want an XBMC Machine, get OpenELEC.tv.

If you know Linux, bare install + installing XBMC by yourself is MUCH better IMHO.

I Just want an XBMC machine. But OpenElec, how is this compared to Live then? - Speed in coverflow ex. I don't wan't any lag, or shutter during
scrolling.

What do you mean by "If you know Linux, bare install + installing XBMC by yourself is MUCH better IMHO" Much better in the GUI (Navigation, scrolling etc), or much better during playback?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC: Linux vs Live version?0